Delivery of ritual

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by David612, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

No, they have not.

Lodges working under Grand Lodge Germany (can't remember its exact name) work in English and read their ritual.

Here, we have a "Fellowship Lodge" which can read ritual. The idea was so older brethren who cannot remember it can still operate (although some of the best ritualist I know are over 80, so that's bunk)... Critically, a "Fellowship Lodge" cannot work live degrees... and a few embraced it, but there is not many of them left operating. It was a fad under some Grand Master responding to requests - but it got written into our Constitution..

I am sure if we dug, we would find other Jurisdictions who read their ritual. Here, the only charges which can be read (other than in a Fellowship Lodge) are Ecclesiastes and the preamble to the First Degree. Everthing else must be m

2. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Varied opinions are good, they move us closer to truth..

I heard you.. but when those papers discuss it, I spot when they misquote or twist words.. because I know my ritual.. learning ritual as a parrot is not enough - one must understand it.. and supporting papers and discussions sure do help .. but if I say "and I trust the import" of the the lesson is learned.. a good ritualist (in Victoria) will know exactly what I am taking about.. just as if I said he "is not fit to be received" - that esoteric knowledge..

3. David612

David612 Registered User

How fun is it when someone says five words and you can pick the charge they are from :)

Bloke likes this.
  4. Brother_Steve

Brother_Steve Premium Member

The key to learning ritual is that you genually want to learn it. I want to learn the master mason lecture, but in reality, the moment I sit down to do it, my brain shuts off. I know right then and there that I genuinely don't want to learn it yet. I was the same with the middle chamber. Then one day it clicked. I had it down seven months later.

You find a way to do it when you crave to keep on going.

5. David612

David612 Registered User

I simply decide to learn it-
    I now have the NE charge down and I’m not likely to ever perform it, the charges are a great way to inculcate the lessons.

Bloke likes this.
  6. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

If they try to misqoute the ritual or twist the wording the wrong way it will get noticed pretty fast and questioned by more than just one member so its not like that they are allowed full freedom. With that said, the papers and lectures are not just based purley on the ritual but it can also be on subjects that are related to the degree in question.

Bloke likes this.
  7. tldubb

tldubb Premium Member

Same on PHA side in Pennsylvania no rituals used during degree work/conferring.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile

Share My Freemasonry