My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double Edge Shave Masons

choppersteve03

Premium Member
my dad told me a story about him and my mom, when they first got married my mom would leave her razors in the shower.well one of the blades got stuck in the soap, pops didnt kow till he looked at his arms and the where wounds all over his upper body. it think mom felt so bad she switched to safety razors, instead of the old de.

Bogey08

Premium Member
Just my Ten Cents worth--about 5 years ago stopped by a "Art of Shaving" store and purchased a starter kit. Ever since that trip I have been using their Pre-Shaving oil, Shaving Cream and After-Shave Balm. My blades (Mach 3) last much longer and my bride of nearly 33 years loves the close shave that I get. If I let my beard go for a few days (over the weekend) the oil makes shaving on Monday a breeze. Enjoy!

Dow Mathis

Premium Member
I've been wet shaving for about 12 years or so. If you ask me, there's nothing like it for comfortable shaves. I've been using a mach 3 for years, but just got my first straight razor yesterday. Started learning how to use it this morning. A great place to learn about straight razors is http://straightrazorplace.com. Lots of nice folks over there, and lots of information as well. Hopefully, once I get things figured out, I can set my mach 3 aside.

Mlugo1247

Premium Member
There is nothing better than a DE razor. Personally I have a Merkur DE with a badger brush that my wife bought me. Badger and Blade is a really website site for those who want to get started.

choppersteve03

Premium Member
we trap them here in iowa. iam gonna have to check out badger and blade, seems to come highly recomnded by the brothers here.

Dow Mathis

Premium Member
I never did any trapping, although my best friend trapped lots of coyotes back home when there was still a bounty on them. He ended up with the occasional badger, along with skunks, coons, possums, etc. There's nothing quite as disquieting as having a badger in a trap when the drag slips, lol. Must be that weasel relationship that gives them such a sunny disposition.

Nate Riley

Premium Member
You boys ought to check out the Jack Black products.

At http://www.getjackblack.com/jb/catalog.nsf/display!openagent&p=shave&loc=c

i wonder if i should rub my face down, with some olive oil so it would shave better? lol:)

I made my own pre shave oil with olive oil as the base and a number of essential oils added. I found a sweet old blue glass after shave bottle shaped like a fishing reel at an antique shop to put it in.

nothing tops getting a skunk in a live trap lol.

Nothing! Not even a rattle snake!

choppersteve03

Premium Member
we dont really have rattlers around here, i think the only venmous snakes we have are the water moc, and the scorned she viper. lol :)

choppersteve03

Premium Member
the only olive oil i have is garlic infused, so if i use that i will deffinately keep the vampires and my wife away. but i like the idea of make your own shave oil, what oils did you use and where did you get em?

Nate Riley

Premium Member
Off the top of my head, I can't remember exactly. If you google "making pre shave oil" (or something like that), you will get a number of websites with different suggestions. The key is having a heavy oil, like olive or castor oil, as your base. I think I added lavender and maybe some kind of citrus or grape oil.

cutter2001

Premium Member
Another excellent site to buy all things shaving is straightrazordesigns.com. They sell both DE and shave ready straight razors. They also have some of the best strops around to keep your blades sharp. I have been using a straight off and on now for a year and a half, and have yet to cut myself in any major way. 'Course I am a surgeon ;)

Cutter

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
Mach3 for me as well, when I'm not wearing a full beard (about half the time). Those electric ones never cut the mustard for me.

An old school one, dunno. My grandfather raised me, came up during the depression, and he stays with my wife and I now. He tried a modern razor and switched to it immediately, and when I asked him if he missed his old one he looked at me like I was being silly :)

Sorta how I view bowhunting. I get it. Maybe even admire it - the ones that don't wound a deer and either have to chase it all over kingdom come or else leave it to die miserably.

But I use a rifle.