My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Healing?

acjohnson53

Brothers the best knowledge a Brother can receive is not listening to what somebody tell you, but to search for the facts and then present it. That how skuttle but get started.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
LMAO, SO UNTRUE BRUH, Aint what they call racial profiling? At our Lodge we just did a Masonic Healing where the Brother was African American coming from a four letter to a three letter Lodge, I was raised with several Brothers that were Caucasion that were on my cable tow...
Hold on brother, I'm not talking about a clandestine 4 letter mason coming over to Prince Hall masonry, I'm talking about a Prince Hall mason going to mainstream wether they be black or white.

Bloke

Premium Member
I was told my multiple GL brothers that if you were ever made a clandestine mason that you could not join a GL masons. A guy actually told me that if a white man had ever been a Prince Hall mason that he could never be a member of "mainstream" masonry. And vise versa a black man who is Prince Hall could never join. I don't know how true that is though.

Total BS. We just re-initiate "clandestine" masons, but they would need to first resign from their old GL if not in amity. I know several who have been through that (from Lebanon).

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I was told my multiple GL brothers that if you were ever made a clandestine mason that you could not join a GL masons. A guy actually told me that if a white man had ever been a Prince Hall mason that he could never be a member of "mainstream" masonry. And vise versa a black man who is Prince Hall could never join. I don't know how true that is though.

Well, I have seen a number of Masons who came from a clandestine background. Now, are there individual lodges who wouldn't accept such a candidate? Probably. I'm unaware of any GL which has this rule. I suspect none of those who gave you this have been a GM.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
I'm starting to learn that maybe the area of that my lodge is in "East Tennessee" is still somewhat behind in times on these issues and maybe I ought to take this into consideration.

dfreybur

Premium Member
I was told my multiple GL brothers that if you were ever made a clandestine mason that you could not join a GL masons.

My jurisdictions would put the man through his degrees. We would be very happy to regularize a Mister who wanted to be a Brother but ended up petitioning the wrong place.

We aren't to pass the tiler of any clandestine lodge. Extremely different from not welcoming a man as a candidate. Sounds like the brothers you mention don't know what our words mean. Given how uncommon Masonic teaching is on topics other than ritual this does not surprise me.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
You know I think honestly people don't know how to take me. When I post a thread I'm only speaking from what I've seen or encountered. As I talk to this brothers on this app it blows my mind how diverse we as a family are. I'm from East Tn so some of the things that I mention here may foreign to some. TN is behind in times.

Bloke

Premium Member
You know I think honestly people don't know how to take me. When I post a thread I'm only speaking from what I've seen or encountered. As I talk to this brothers on this app it blows my mind how diverse we as a family are. I'm from East Tn so some of the things that I mention here may foreign to some. TN is behind in times.

You're part of the diversity and your posts are most welcome :)

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
No, you seem rather transparent. You just have Masons who are not widely experienced as mentors. Not at all uncommon.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
I have never seen the ceremony, but I have a couple of brothers in my lodge that have been "healed". I believe it's just where you show you are proficient in your degrees. I would personally make them go through it again for the sole purpose of experiencing it the right way. I know in some clandestine lodges that give all three degrees in one night. Let's be honest here, it took some time for just one of my degrees, I couldn't imagine doing all three in one night. I'm sure doing that, important steps are skipped. Also it is my understanding that only MM can be "healed" if you are a EA or FC you have to be initiated and passed again.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I have never seen the ceremony, but I have a couple of brothers in my lodge that have been "healed". I believe it's just where you show you are proficient in your degrees. I would personally make them go through it again for the sole purpose of experiencing it the right way. I know in some clandestine lodges that give all three degrees in one night. Let's be honest here, it took some time for just one of my degrees, I couldn't imagine doing all three in one night. I'm sure doing that, important steps are skipped....

Remember, that in ancient Scottish Masonry the -2- degrees were given together

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Hold on brother, I'm not talking about a clandestine 4 letter mason coming over to Prince Hall masonry, I'm talking about a Prince Hall mason going to mainstream wether they be black or white.

You have to take into consideration where the state where you live. The Grand Lodge of TN does not recognize the Prince Hall grand lodge in its jurisdiction. There might be other factors in play as well. This scenario would not be an issue in most states though.

acjohnson53

From reading some of these post on this topic, in California PHA and AFAM Join each other on certain events..

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
From reading some of these post on this topic, in California PHA and AFAM Join each other on certain events..
Friday, I shall be one of the installing officers for Shrine Temples from both jurisdictions.

Last edited: