Houston, TX Prince Hall Freemason membership inquiry

Discussion in 'Becoming a Prince Hall Freemason' started by Camerata, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Camerata

Camerata Registered User

Good afternoon. I have recently become interested in becoming a Prince Hall Freemason. I searched the internet and local phone books, but I have failed to come upon the proper lodge information. I currently have. a one sponsor anxiously awaiting to provide the proper voucher for me , but they can't assist me in finding the proper lodge as they reside in a different state. I understand the reason for caution in revealing Masonic information , therefore any help in assisting me to achieve my goal in becoming a Prince Hall Freemason will be honorably appreciated. One again I am a resident of Houston , TX. Thank you for reading m.

2. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

I'm not Prince Hall, but here is some useful information:

http://www.mwphglotx.org/index2.htm

On the left side, you'll see "Prince Hall Affiliated Lodges of the Jurisdiction of Texas"

Use that to find a lodge, perhaps? It seems to have phone numbers.

Lodges in Houston from that table:

HOUSTON 3 MAGNOLIA (281) 484-3036 15
    HOUSTON 47 SILVER TROWEL (713) 633-9087 15
    HOUSTON 108 TRUE SQUARE (713) 777-4032 15
    HOUSTON 147 MAPLE LEAF (281) 485-0298 15
    HOUSTON 200 HIGHLAND HEIGHTS (281) 209-3025 15
    HOUSTON 205 PURPLE HEART (281) 542-0062 15
    HOUSTON 226 TRUE LEVEL (713) 674-8527 15
    HOUSTON 280 HEIGHTS-IONIC PRIDE (713) 731-2511 15

That's city, lodge number, lodge name, phone number, and district.

Good luck in your journey, and feel free to ask any other questions you have.

Edit: Found a direct link: http://www.mwphglotx.org/lodges/Lodge TablePage3.html

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  3. Bro.BruceBenjamin

Bro.BruceBenjamin Premium Member

Camerata, I'm sure you work with a PHA mason and don't realize it yet. Also check out your neighbors. Good luck.

4. Camerata

Camerata Registered User

Thank you for this valuable information and your support.

5. Dave in Waco

Dave in Waco Premium Member

That's true of all Masons. When people tell me they don't know any Masons, I usually tell them you probably do know some, you just don't know they are Masons. I found out my next door neighbor of 8 years was one when they came to do my investigation.

6. Camerata

Camerata Registered User

I will start with my job, because I work for a minority company and I am almost certain that I can find a Prince Hall Freemason there.

7. Texasfinesttc

Texasfinesttc Registered User

Contact the MWPHGLTX and they will be more than happy to assist you.

8. dhouseholder

dhouseholder Registered User

Be sure to let us know how it goes, we love hearing stories like this.

9. Noble95

Noble95 Registered User

10. ezeelivin

ezeelivin Registered User

PH

Whatever you do, be persistent in finding your way, you will see later how it may work for you

11. towerbuilder7

towerbuilder7 Moderator Premium Member

I am a member of a Prince Hall Lodge here in Houston. Our lodge was recently reopened under authority of our GrandMaster. I would bore than happy to answer any questions you have about this craft of ours. I can be contacted at towerbuilder7@gmail.com. Bro Jones

Share My Freemasonry