Masonería Mexicana

Discussion in 'International Freemasonry' started by deministri, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

G'day:)

2. deministri

deministri Registered User

More than happy brother! I´ll send you an email.

3. deministri

Deeply sorry for the big delay bro! For entered apprentices to become a MM: also a really hard question, for what ive seen is more of the commitment that one shows in the personal study, some cases are slow, other really really into it. For me it was a big surprise to get the second degree, felt i wasnt ready hahaha. I feel im still 1 year away to become a MM. My lodge is under a bad time right now, but that wont stop me :) but long story short, i would like to say that maybe 3 years minimum.

4. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Of what grand lodge are you a member?

5. deministri

We are with the Grand Lodge of Monterrey, Nuevo León, México. My lodge name is "Derechos Humanos no.83" :)

6. JMartinez

JMartinez Registered User

Is freemasonry frowned upon or well regarded in Mexico? Do masons in Mexico wear Masonic rings or hats? Has the cartel situation in Mexico impacted masonry or lodges?
    Don't mean to sound ignorant just a question

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

7. deministri

There are no ignorant questions, my brother. Please feel free to ask. Actually I think it is my responsibility since i haven't see any other Mexican masons around.

I wanna say it is a 50/50. Some people are still thinking we practice witchcraft, other that we are a satanic cult, other just think of us like some kind of church from europe. At the end, ive seen a lot of hatred around, gladly not fro my family. But there are those who really know about freemasonry is, there are almost 8000 families with masonic decendence around the state of Nuevo Léon, but not all of them have active members; it appears it has become a "myth" or just the typical "yeah, this appron was your grand grand fathers" and thats it.

Im part of the ones who feel freemasonry is part of my family traditions, and it comes from my chinese grand grand father.

Yup, masons wear rings and hats. In my lodge we use Polo shirts with our name, lodge name, and the square and the compass.

About the cartels situation: havent see any issue or threat at all, we are no real threat, i think we are not. Freemasonry for me is, should, and still be a philosophic, moral, and hermetic school. I truly believe the government and military will protect the citizens from any danger. If you ask me, ive seen the real threat can be buy drugs and mess around the wrong people; stay cool and stay save. "dont poke the bear, bears dont like to get poked"

Hopefully this answered all your questions. Feel free to ask or send me a message.

Bloke and JMartinez like this.
  8. JMartinez

Thanks Brother, I plan to go to Mexico City during my vacation. Maybe I'll visit a lodge there.

deministri likes this.
  9. deministri

More than happy to welcome you into my lodge if you want to visit us. We work Tuesdays at 8:00pm. Here is my email gbeto87@gmail.com, do you speak spanish?

10. JMartinez

It's funny because my grandparents are from Mexico. Growing up I spoke Spanish. But when I started going to school it was discouraged because classes where in English. But I am getting a degree in Spanish and accounting at my university.

11. deministri

No problem bro, if you come across Monterrey for a visit in our lodge, i´ll be your translator.

12. Glen Cook

Make sure your lodges are In Amity

13. deministri

If you refer to the UGLE list, i think we are not. But ill check that and whats our status.

Sent from my XT1563 using My Freemasonry mobile app

14. Glen Cook

That is one list, generally consistent with other Grand Lodges, and particularly consistent with Commonwealth Grand Lodges.

deministri likes this.
  15. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

The recognition issue is strange. The UGLE list and the California list are different. I have not looked up other lists but I suspect many variations would be found. What this tells my generosity is Mexican jurisdictions tend generally to be regular. What this tells my attention to detail is Mexican jurisdictions don't request recognition from everyone, possibly to not deal with the American principle of exclusive jurisdiction.

deministri likes this.
  16. JMartinez

Even if I can't sit in lodge I'd like to say hello and check out your lodge building, if that's ok

Bloke likes this.
  17. deministri

18. deministri

Theres is more than one list??? ok i have a lot of homework to do.

19. deministri

Im very new in this matter of recognition but in think you are right. Tuesdays is when I go to my Lodge. Actually we have Initiation day today ill try to reach early and ask in the Gran Lodge Office (plus also it will be a good idea to request my masonic passport), im planning to visit one day Mary's Chapel no.1 in the future, i dont wanna find out i cant go there

20. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Every jurisdiction has its own recognition list. Many follow the UGLE list but rarely do an exact copy. There are several committees that make recommendations and again not every jurisdiction follows those recommendations.

Bloke likes this.

Share My Freemasonry