My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic communication between "mainstream" Masonry and PH Masonry

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Maybe if you had informed him that he was wrong to begin with, he would have let it go. Is that your wise counsel?
I don't know that he was wrong. Im not a member of either GL in CO so i cant speak on that topic. I know in OR and NM no waiver is needed.

Passing out correct information is taking things too seriously? I guess yall let your EAs & FCs just do whatever they want, right or wrong.

I dont control what my lodges EA and FCs do unless its in the lodge or at a lodge function...and then im not a pedistal officer or the SD so id only step in if they were being blatently disrespectful to someone or were giving a non mason false info that i knew beyond a doubt to be false. The craft isnt the military and just cause im a MM doesnt make me the no all person. EAs and FCs arent PVTs that need to be smacked back in line every know and then.

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
I dont control what my lodges EA and FCs do unless its in the lodge or at a lodge function...and then im not a pedistal officer or the SD so id only step in if they were being blatently disrespectful to someone or were giving a non mason false info that i knew beyond a doubt to be false. The craft isnt the military and just cause im a MM doesnt make me the no all person.

So you won't correct an EA giving false information to other EAs, FCs, or MMs? Hmm, I am starting to get it now.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I see what you did there. Yes i would stop them from doing that. But only if i knew it to be false. In this case i dont.
Yes i said it made zero sense but GA banning gay men makes zero sense too but it happened.....

Bloke

Premium Member
Remember your new name given to you and why you where giving this name don't take the previous comments personal brother just stay in your study's it will all make sense to you in due time as to why brothers may have responded the way they did something many MM forget is that we to where once EA,s....keep on traveling brother

Howdi Mr Pierce

Firstly , thanks for your help via private message, it helped my understanding on another topic.

Second, this whole "new name" thing makes no sense to me lol.... that's the challenge of different masonic traditions.

Third, to the Original Poster, i got you were reporting what had been said to you. What's true in one lodge, one jurusdiction, one tradition will vary, but one which holds true is we should be brothers...

A great thing to start your masonic journey with is your own Constitution, more than my WM or GM, i'm answerable Constitutionally: but what trumps the Constituion is my conscience- which fortunately has never conflicted with the Constitution in my Jurisdiction :)

Personally; i cant see what a third party (another GL) has to do with me proposing a candidate for Freemasonry in my own Constitution ...

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Howdi Mr Pierce

Firstly , thanks for your help via private message, it helped my understanding on another topic.

Second, this whole "new name" thing makes no sense to me lol.... that's the challenge of different masonic traditions.

Third, to the Original Poster, i got you were reporting what had been said to you. What's true in one lodge, one jurusdiction, one tradition will vary, but one which holds true is we should be brothers...

A great thing to start your masonic journey with is your own Constitution, more than my WM or GM, i'm answerable Constitutionally: but what trumps the Constituion is my conscience- which fortunately has never conflicted with the Constitution in my Jurisdiction :)

Personally; i cant see what a third party (another GL) has to do with me proposing a candidate for Freemasonry in my own Constitution ...
Think about at the alter the WM tell you to arise Brother B......

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
Think about at the alter the WM tell you to arise Brother B......

Anyone in the US knows what I'm talking about brother Bloke is from across them waters they do it a little different than we do as soon as we get a worldwide blanket recognition I'm going to visit his lodge and he better show me some love lol ... It's much simpler here in the states only having a few small variations in ritual and signs you can almost pick FL PHA out when we do our FC penalty or so I'm told

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Anyone in the US knows what I'm talking about brother Bloke is from across them waters they do it a little different than we do as soon as we get a worldwide blanket recognition I'm going to visit his lodge and he better show me some love lol ... It's much simpler here in the states only having a few small variations in ritual and signs you can almost pick FL PHA out when we do our FC penalty or so I'm told

You would be surprised. I see a lot of PHA guys say that and usually no one knows what they are talking about. When I visited a PHA lodge, there were differences. I had to find out the hard way. It was embarrassing.

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
You would be surprised. I see a lot of PHA guys say that and usually no one knows what they are talking about. When I visited a PHA lodge, there were differences. I had to find out the hard way. It was embarrassing.

Nothing to be embarrassed about just do it the way you do in your jurisdiction you are amongst
PHAmily / Family Sometimes the differences make it all the more beautiful ( vast dimensions ) it's a universal thing U&I verse each other traveling and seeing how others do it is what it's all about IMO

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Nothing to be embarrassed about just do it the way you do in your jurisdiction you are amongst
PHAmily / Family Sometimes the differences make it all the more beautiful ( vast dimensions ) it's a universal thing U&I verse each other traveling and seeing how others do it is what it's all about IMO

That's not exactly what I am talking about. I will inbox you.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I actually had No idea what was meant the first time i heard/read it. Had to ask. In both my jurisdictions the only mention of the candidate being called that is at that moment. The candidate/brother is never referred to as that again

MarkR

Premium Member
Again, I'm still missing something. Why does a "black man" need to get permission from a PH GL to join a state GL. It's almost like saying if your black you have to a a PH mason, and if you don't want to then you need a wavier to be something else. Please don't take offense as this is not directed at you, I just don't understand the logic.
Yeah, I doubt sincerely that that is the case. If a man is unaffiliated, and he seeks to be made a Mason, he can petition either GL of State or PHA GL, as he chooses.

Remember your new name given to you and why you where giving this name ...
I think that "new name" thing at EA is a Prince Hall thing. I had never heard of it until I read it from PH brothers on the internet.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Exactly, that's my point. If I know you to be a MM and you vouch for a brother that you know one to be, that is lawful Masonic information.