My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Met a mason today

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Just met an older black Mason at the commissary on Kirtland AFB. He was our grocery bagger and brought them out to the truck for us. i ran back in to the store to grab a bottle of water and when i came back he pointed at my S&C emblem and I asked if he was a traveling man...he gripped me ..then he asked me if Id "seen his little dog(gave ea duegard), it was wearing a blue collar(gave ea penal sign) and was last seen traveling East" Im dead serious. I didmt catch his name and didnt get to ask his lodge. But it was very cool!

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

JM-MWPHGLGA

Premium Member
Just met an older black Mason at the commissary on Kirtland AFB. He was our grocery bagger and brought them out to the truck for us. i ran back in to the store to grab a bottle of water and when i came back he pointed at my S&C emblem and I asked if he was a traveling man...he gripped me ..then he asked me if Id "seen his little dog(gave ea duegard), it was wearing a blue collar(gave ea penal sign) and was last seen traveling East" Im dead serious. I didmt catch his name and didnt get to ask his lodge. But it was very cool!

I have heard that phrase from a WM at one time. He presented it to me when I was a EA. Something I have adopted and keep on my journey.

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member

I often met some brethren on the street too, especially wearing the Craft tie in London...
By the way, I think it is not appropriate to do any signs outside of the open lodge?

Bloke

Premium Member
By the way, I think it is not appropriate to do any signs outside of the open lodge?

Yep, seemed strange to me, but if alone, possible. I've proved people in storage areas, toilets, and last night , training an EA at home, ran around drawing blinds and such LOL... The only thing I would be careful of is we could not be observed - esp by security cameras.. the last thing I need is my mug on youtube inadvertently violating my obligation..

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
I often met some brethren on the street too, especially wearing the Craft tie in London...
Why do you believe signs are to only be used in a Tyler Lodge ?

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Why do you believe signs are to only be used in a Tyler Lodge ?
tumblr_n38r9vXkAr1rawb5do1_400.jpg

tldubb

Premium Member

That's old school right there..nice!

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro

tldubb

Premium Member
Where is it that signs between Mason's are to be given only in a tiled lodge? That is the question that I'm asking as a fact of point in agreement to what Travelling Man91 stated..

tldubb

Premium Member
Read your EA section again...hw do yo knw yrslf t b a mson?....answer. Hw ma I knw yo to be a mson?....answer.

I guess we can chalk it up to a PH thing..but even my brothers in GL of PA do the same as we do. So, maybe it's just a Pennsylvania thing..

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Read your EA section again...hw do yo knw yrslf t b a mson?....answer. Hw ma I knw yo to be a mson?....answer.

I guess we can chalk it up to a PH thing..but even my brothers in GL of PA do the same as we do. So, maybe it's just a Pennsylvania thing..

Funny thing about it, I work with a mason from the GL of TN and he asked me the same question about the dog and done the sign. Not to mention I witnessed one GL mason give the sign to a new raised MM while on military leave.

acjohnson53

Brothers it's catch-cism....Old school spreading knowledge..I meet a Brother like that I'll offer him a cold drink of something...I had a Brother step up to me and asked have I seen the "Widows Son???" go figure.../G\