My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Millenials in Freemasonry

dfreybur

Premium Member
In modern society a facial tattoo just seems to be a severe lack of common sense, judgement, and stupidity. And that is coming from someone who likes tattoos

Tattoos are permanent markings on our bodies. As such I'm fussy about people doing their homework on any tattoo they get.

In those tribal societies that do facial tattoos, those markings are *earned*. It would be like having an S&C or a military symbol on their face. Whatever it is that someone wants to put on their face, I want to know how it was earned and what it means. Some tribal symbol that means you killed a man in combat - Do you really think you earned that?

Tattoos on other parts of the body are supposed to be deeply meaningful to the person who has them. Tattoos on the face are supposed to be earned. This is why I don't mind tattoos but mostly draw the line at tattoos on the face. It's at best willfully ignorant and generally profoundly disrespectful to the source of the image.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Tattoos on the face are supposed to be earned. This is why I don't mind tattoos but mostly draw the line at tattoos on the face. It's at best willfully ignorant and generally profoundly disrespectful to the source of the image.
Good point, I never considered it this way.

Manderthal

As much as I like to see the effort of new masons who want to work at making blue lodge their own I do get mighty annoyed at new masons who want to change the lodge without spending the time getting to know the existing lodge first.
Masonry is in a revival and we DO have the luxury of being choosy. Accept the men who you would open your home to. Let the others join some other club. It's like hiring - By being choosy you may miss out on a good man but you won't accept a bad man. It's hard to get rid of a bad fit. Don't let them in simply because you need another dues payer.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Masonry is in a revival and we DO have the luxury of being choosy. Accept the men who you would open your home to. Let the others join some other club. It's like hiring - By being choosy you may miss out on a good man but you won't accept a bad man. It's hard to get rid of a bad fit. Don't let them in simply because you need another dues payer.
Agreed!