My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New uk member

mapleyzen

Good evening brethren, hope all are well.

My names lee Mapley and I was initiated in the manor of swanburn lodge here in the uk on 24th oct. Yes I'm very new to freemasonry but very eager to learn.

I look forward to sharing posts with you all and learning from one another.

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
Hello Lee and welcome to the world of Freemasonry.

I would urge you to caution when it comes to your zeal for learning as unguided learning can be very dangerous especially when utilising the double edged sword that is the Internet. You should turn to your Proposer and seconder and the Lodge Mentor for guidance on where to seek information as there is, to put it bluntly, a lot of bunkum on the Web about Freemasonry.

mapleyzen

Thank you for the welcoming me to the site and Mike, thank you for the advice. It's fair to say there is plenty of bunkum all over the internet be it of Masonic interest or not.

My proposer and mentor are wonderful people and I look forward to learning from them. In fact everyone in manor of swanburn lodge are incredibly helpful.

I look forward to connecting with many brothers across the globe. For me that is what freemasonry is truly about.

Your sincerely and fraternally

Lee

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Thank you for the welcoming me to the site and Mike, thank you for the advice. It's fair to say there is plenty of bunkum all over the internet be it of Masonic interest or not.

My proposer and mentor are wonderful people and I look forward to learning from them. In fact everyone in manor of swanburn lodge are incredibly helpful.

I look forward to connecting with many brothers across the globe. For me that is what freemasonry is truly about.

Your sincerely and fraternally

Lee

Welcome to the fraternity, newly initiated brother Lee.
I am from South Wales.
Maybe we can arrange a visit to each other lodges soon.
I hope you enjoy you initiation and have a good journey on the road to Master Mason, the East and Others.

S&F,
Ben

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
I know I say it all the time but you might also want to join up to the UK Forum that I run, the url is in my sig. file.

mapleyzen

Hi Glen

I'm in buckinghamshire.

Mike, I'm using the iPhone app. Next time I fire up the laptop I'll sign into the uk forum

All the best.