My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PHA Tattoos??

BigDre357

I'm not a freemason but I am talking with my local lodge about joining. I have always had great fascination with freemasonry and my family members are freemason. I was curious if freemasons would be offended by me having the compass already tattooed on my hand but not being a brother yet. View attachment 3454

Freemason Connect HD

Why would you do that....the chances of you becoming a Brother is probably slim to none at this point

SMIB /G\

cbastian

You should be real carefull of things you do.ask before trying.pease

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freemason Connect HD mobile app

Tattooist

Wow....

My Freemasonry HD

You should of waited till you become a brother it seems very disrespectfull in the presence of a real free mason , I know how I feel when I see someone with it who is not a true and lawfull brother ! Just my two cents nice tattoo tho

My Freemasonry HD

pecolaman

Crono. you ask if a Marine would be mad if some one had a tat of the EGA and they were not a real Marine. Speaking on behalf of all real Devil Dog He@#&#&#*l f\#&#&#*#king yes and would tear it from his body limb intact. Wait wait I am older now so I would ask do he know what it takes to be a Marine and if he is willing to take orders from someone and not question as long as it is not murder rape or to massacre. I would ask if he is willing to lay down his life for another Marine or man is he willing to run into the gun fire and not away. Now if he will do that and more then go put your name on the dotted line and stand on those little yellow foot prints that many goodmen have stood on before him and don't dishonor them as those men did it and so much much more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

bushwickrich

You really should of waited before getting a tattoo like that. There is a lot of meaning behind it

My Freemasonry HD

safehouse

I think a man has the right to try and correct his wrongs.

If I were him I would be open about his attraction to masonry.

Apply for membership, become a master mason and wear it with pride.

The man is in darkness and in need the light. We should take him under our Wing and teach him.

Everyman has a right to correct his wrongs. Tatoo or no tatoo when he comes, he will come for his moral worth as a man, and will be measured and weighed according to his good repute among friends and neighbours, his tattoo will then make more sense to him.

My Freemasonry HD

Last edited:

DaRabboni

Greetings squares! A close brother and I had an great conversation about brothers getting their li/G\ht tattooed on their bodies. Yes we are both M.M . But how do you all feel about brothers getting masonic tattoos??

I wouldn't get a M.M tat until you get your Mark Master if you know like I know but as a master mason if you can protect it then do it

Warden

Wow, Wow, and Wow!!!!!!!!! Very disrespectful!!!!! I would luv for u to petition! Can't wait to meet u!! Hw ur family members reacted??

My Freemasonry HD

crono782

Premium Member
What is disrespectful about a masonic tattoo?

I think he is saying WE are being disrespectful for our comments suggesting he should not have gotten the tattoo unless he was a MM?

Brethren, think of it this way. WE as Masons, know that you ought to not wear the symbol if you haven't earned it and know the meanings behind it. I believe our judgment of someone in such a situation is colored by our knowledge of this fact. I can see how someone might respect Freemasons enough to get the S&C tattooed without being a mason (and I realize that the distinction between admiration vs getting it to be "cool" is an important one). Were the case to be just a misjudgment, all can be forgiven if thoroughly explained (and attempts to keep it hidden until such time as it is earned) and all. It seems to me a simple mistake rather than a slap in the face as some (myself included) have previously felt. Just a thought...

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I thought he was referring to the non-Mason with the S&C on his hand. I can see his point there.

masonicdove

As a recently passed FC I found this thread interesting. Getting a tattoo is probably one of the last things on my mind as I along with my ct study for our proficiency exam. As I read through the various responses and even his own initial posting one question comes to mind. "What did the freemasons in his family have to say about getting the tattoo?" It appears they are fine with it or either they just did not say anything to his face. Personally, I could not get anything tattooed on me which I didn't fully know the meaning of it or were a part of what it meant. In my opinion, I think, if he approaches a lodge, he will have a "whole lot" of explaining to do. It is ultimately on that lodge to decide to accept or reject his petition. In my mind I get it, "you are trying to show love and respect to your family". Nevertheless, he is not even an EA. As my Senior Warden said to me the other night, "it's more then getting to wear a ring or have an emblem on your car." It's deeper and that is what this guy has failed to understand. In essence getting the C&S tattooed on your hand and being a non-mason makes as much sense of me getting a Kappa Diamond branded on my arm just because my grandfather was a member Kappa Alpha Psi.

DaRabboni

What I was saying that as a M.M you can get the S&C as the emblem of your profession...

For the sake of semantics.. UGLE Proclamation 1813...to call yourself a M.M you must truly be exalted...so to get the S&C on your body meant that you W-I-P-P-S-S-H-C-C-M or E on your body which is moveable...therby why where someone might get something unlawfully because they could see it....

So for the sake of asking...If I walked up to a M.M and asked him to give me the "real word of a Master Mason" (3rd Degree) You couldnt...only a sub...you was made a M.M at the grave...gotta come back inside the temple...

Im just saying for the sake of semantics...I said I would not do it...I wouldnt do it...

and I am a M.M
Pride of Beaumont #291 MWPHATXGL (Currently Daniel Chappie James#72 MWPHAWAGL)
William L. Gardner #82 HRAM

DaRabboni

Very few of us are under the jurisdiction of the United Grand Lodge of England.

Just simply stating for the sake of semantics...even on the 3rd degree as a MM...if you can protect it...wear it...but a MM is not a complete..because think about it...you still outside the temple at the burial site

at the end of the day

Your body...Your Money...Your Tattoo...