My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refusing...

owls84

Premium Member
LOL sadly no I don't believe it is. I was just saying when we are giving answers to a question unless we are speaking on issues that are handled in "my" lodge then Art. would be nice so if this problem arises we can actually know what the answer is and how to find it to use as a resource in the various situations.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Can someone back this up with Art. numbers?

Bro. Josh, I have not yet been able to find it in the Law Book, but the Monitor, in the section "The Masonic Burial Service- A General Discussion", paragraph #2, states: " Proper Masonic dress is a clean white apron. Dress aprons, officers (sic) aprons, or Grand Lodge aprons are not appropriate except when the service is being conducted by the Grand Lodge itself."

Hope this helps.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
OK- here's another one. What is the Masonic punishment for a Brother who pleads "guilty" or "no contest" or is convicted of criminal charges commonly referred to as "pedophilia"?

It IS in the Law Book but NOT where you would expect to find it, and the Index & Table of Contents won't help you a bit! :D

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Can someone back this up with Art. numbers?

OK, we're back to the question of which apron to wear at a Masonic funeral. It's in the "white book" (GM's Decisions- our version of "case law"). GM's Decision 1973-#32, referring to Art. 12 of the GL Law, states that plain white aprons are to be worn unless it is a GL funeral, in which instance GL aprons are to be worn.

Here's something else that needs to be updated. They made the "white book" available for purchase a few years ago, but have not kept it up to date. :mad: It would certainly be nice if it were also online & keyword-searchable.

LRG

Premium Member
OK- here's another one. What is the Masonic punishment for a Brother who pleads "guilty" or "no contest" or is convicted of criminal charges commonly referred to as "pedophilia"?

It IS in the Law Book but NOT where you would expect to find it, and the Index & Table of Contents won't help you a bit! :D

I might have found it too easy. Therefore its probaly wrong. But

Title V chptr 2
Art. 506
Any Mason shall be expelled or suspended upon his conviction.
Art. 507 ties into 506 which relates to expulsion for life

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Nice try, but the one I'm looking for specifically references "pedophilia". Keep diggin'! :D

Wingnut

Premium Member
Art. 658. Reinstatement Or Restoration By Lodge. Petition And Vote. The Lodge having jurisdiction may, by a favorable ballot of the members of said Lodge present, reinstate or restore, as the case may be, a suspended or expelled Mason. A written petition for such reinstatement or restoration, signed by the petitioner, must be filed with the Secretary and presented to the Lodge reciting facts showing that he has made expiation for his offense and has discharged the terms and conditions of his sentence, including completion of probation, parole, or supervised release; said petition shall be read at the first stated meeting of the Lodge after it is filed. The Worshipful Master shall appoint a committee on investigation which shall report its findings and recommendations at a subsequent stated meeting of the Lodge whereupon a ballot shall be taken upon said petition. Only members of the Lodge in attendance may vote. In balloting on a suspended or expelled Mason for reinstatement or restoration, other than for non-payment of dues, three black balls shall reject for one year, four blackballs for two years and five or more blackballs for three years. Protests shall be allowed in accordance with Article 660, and the ballot shall be announced accordingly.

Notwithstanding the above, any member who is found guilty of, or who enters a plea of guilty, or of no contest to the charge of pedophilia or related charges (such as Indecency with a Child by sexual contact or any other means, Aggravated Sexual Assault with a child by any means and Sexual Assault with a Child by any means) and having been previously expelled from Masonry, shall not be considered for reinstatement or restoration of any Masonic membership and said member shall be expelled from Masonry for life and never again be considered for any Masonic related activity or membership. Any current Member having been charged and found guilty of, or having pleaded no contest to charges of pedophilia (such as Indecency with a Child by sexual contact or any other means, Aggravated Sexual Assault with a child by any means, Sexual Assault with a Child by any means) shall be expelled immediately, for life, from this Grand Jurisdiction. (Adopted, 2003)

LRG

Premium Member
Title v Cptr 20 Art 658
Member shall be expelled for LIFE immediately from this Grand Jurisdiction

jeez the wing beat me

Wingnut

Premium Member
not slow... just want to make sure that everyone has time to see them since they can hear them so far away