My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sacred Geometry

widows son

Premium Member
Well If nature was perfect then there would be no need for evolution. Everything would already be at its pinnacle. If we were perfect we would be impervious to disease, and we definitely wouldn't be warring with each other. I think we would also know all the answers to life. I think that we are a part of this imperfection, makes us strive to try and be perfect of like God. But on the other hand, when I see things like the pho ratio in nature, it makes me think that nature may be perfect in the sense, that nature can be seen as God or an aspect of God, who IS perfect. I guess theres points from both sides that make sense

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I didn't claim that Nature was complete. We represent little more than a snapshot in time.

You won't get any argument out of me with respect to the imperfection of our species. Arrogance, a manifestation of vanity, would have to be on the list of imperfections.

In the words of the great Carl Sagan:

[video=youtube;Ln8UwPd1z20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln8UwPd1z20[/video]

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Well If nature was perfect then there would be no need for evolution. Everything would already be at its pinnacle.

Evolution has no pinnacle. Evolution is change over time that does not have any underlying plan or goal. It doesn't even have to be related to "fitness" (which is not "perfection" or a "pinnacle"). Evolution can be entirely random. Development is change over time according to a plan or goal. Unfortunately, popularizers and politicizers took hold of "evolution" in order to support their own agendas.

widows son

Premium Member
Evolution is the continuance of the those who can survive. Their genes pass on, while those who can't cope die off. Humanity is no exception. However if nature was truly perfect there would e no need for evolution because everything would already be the best it can be, what can evolve from perfection?

widows son

Premium Member
I've posted that before I left, also im very lost now that ive been away on here. And Ps Canada customs is a bit lighter than in America.

Winter

Premium Member
OK, news to me. If the admins don't want folks to post in old threads, I'd recommend they lock them. I was previously told (not here) that it was bad form to duplicate topics.
There's no hard rule. But the admonision not to duplicate topics usually applies to current topics being actively discussed. Posting in a dead topic is called Necro'ing and it usually is fruitless because often the people that were talking on it aren't even on the forum anymore. No need to lock old threads. They just die a natural death.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk