My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sacred Geometry

widows son

Premium Member
But music is math, I play music myself and every note and octave can translate into a number value. This stuff has been around long before the renaissance, and serious inquiry has been done especially by those during the renaissance, for example davinci, who himself devoted his life to these subjects. The problem is that modern science and it's methods don't consider these methods the people in that era used we're valid, so inquiry stops there, but men like Carl Sagan ( happy birthday) see something behind it all. Carl Sagan is a great example and there are many videos on the subject. Show how it is rubbish otherwise it's hearsay on your part.

jwhoff

Premium Member
there goes another bedroom wall? If you guys keep this digging up, I'm gonna have to by a single-bed, bath with a warehouse attached to cover this growing library.

:blink:

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
But music is math, I play music myself and every note and octave can translate into a number value. This stuff has been around long before the renaissance, and serious inquiry has been done especially by those during the renaissance, for example davinci, who himself devoted his life to these subjects. The problem is that modern science and it's methods don't consider these methods the people in that era used we're valid, so inquiry stops there, but men like Carl Sagan ( happy birthday) see something behind it all. Carl Sagan is a great example and there are many videos on the subject. Show how it is rubbish otherwise it's hearsay on your part.

I know people who still believe crap like the "doctrine of signs". I don't have the time and money to refute stupid pseudomedicine, and that's within my own field. How about you contact professional physicists, yourself, and demand they disprove things already disproved long ago, just to satisfy your ego?

widows son

Premium Member
Again I see no reference. You are the one trying to convince me that I'm wrong, so why not reference your comments? I think you have the ego problem my friend. I saying we need to look more into certain subjects because there hasnt been a serious inquiry into it, and you saying its rubbish because you say so, doesn't cut it for me. I never asked you to look into these subject nor do I think you are the right person to do so. Everyone here knows you think it's crap, so why keep insulting other people? I can easily insult you, but I won't because it would go against my MM OB, and it's just not a nice thing to do. Check YOUR ego, king of science.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Because logic favors "It is not true" over "It is true"--that is how proof has always worked in the real wold. Show the evidence. Show the actual experiments that prove. Responsible thought requires that we not believe until evidence is presented. Therefore, since you believe it to be true, the responsibility lies upon you. This is the underpinning of all science and has always been. It is the underpinning of "innocent until proven guilty"--as in "not true until proven true".

Everything is done by invisible pink Gremlins, who use pixie dust! If you don't disprove it, then it MUST be true!!!!!

JJones

Everything is done by invisible pink Gremlins, who use pixie dust! If you don't disprove it, then it MUST be true!!!!!

I've seen that same argument used countless times by Athiests to justify their beliefs. You can't paint everything with such broad brush strokes.

Just because you can't prove something right off the bat doesn't discredit it. As a biologist I can appreciate the scientific method and the advances it has brought us but on the other hand just because something isn't yet proven doesn't mean it doesn't have merit.

Sorry to say it but "sacred geometry" will always be considered pseudo science and will never be taken seriously by the scientific community.

widows son

Premium Member
Right and this far I agree with you, and I don't really believe the sacred geometry theories but, CERN and other new technologies are allowing us to see smaller and smaller. The part that intrigued me is how there seems to be a pattern on every scale.

Trufflehound

Because logic favors "It is not true" over "It is true"--that is how proof has always worked in the real wold. Show the evidence. Show the actual experiments that prove. Responsible thought requires that we not believe until evidence is presented. Therefore, since you believe it to be true, the responsibility lies upon you. This is the underpinning of all science and has always been. It is the underpinning of "innocent until proven guilty"--as in "not true until proven true".

Bryan, if I understand correctly,he's saying that he would like someone in the scientific community to go back and re-examine. Nothing more. He doesn't need to prove anything; he isn't really making any extraordinary claims. If someone were to go back and look at this again (I'm sure they already have), I don't see an issue with it. I also don't see any reason for all the condescension, either.

widows son

Premium Member
Yes that's all I'm saying needs to happen with our modern methods we can either prove and move forward or disprove and move forward. Many of the conspiracies are tied into this subject and of we can definitively figure out if there's truth or not will significantly change perceptions of the way we go about our lives, and they way people perceive freemasonry. A brother posted some valuable info on our aprons. If the masons who put this into practice agree that there is something behind it why not look into it? When looking at everything from a strictly scientific point of view things can be cold, and things that appear to be pseudoscience can change as we find newer way to explain our questions.

CajunTinMan

STOP!!! your hurting my head! I am trying to keep my mind closed and your streching my brain. I reject your reality and substitute my own.

daddyrich

The condescension is pretty strong here. I always thought it was an interesting topic but everyone seems concerned w/ it's 'practical' applications and that's what it will take before it can travel from 'interesting notion' to a basis for an applicable world view. I'm always looking for signs and finding them, just wondering what is to be done after you recognize them. You keep writing, Widows Son, and I will keep reading.

daddyrich

I can see how the Dionysiac Builders erected temples according to attributes they believed corresponded to astral alignments that 'shared' qualities w/ the deities they were consecrated to. That's kind of cool. Same w/ the Great Pyramid at Giza, et al.

daddyrich

Vitruvius covered that pretty well, if you haven't read what remains of his writings on architecture, you really should. Same with Hawksmoor and other great builders.

widows son

Premium Member
Will do. I have McCoys dictionary of freemasonry and a chapter is dedicated to the dionysiac artificers, pretty cool stuff. Especially on how he goes to say one of the last roman legions to exist after the fall of the empire was in York England. Roman legions always had a group of masons to help build their fortifications and war machines, and apparently a lot of what stone masonry in England and Europe is, came down from them. I find it fascinating.

CajunTinMan

The condescension is pretty strong here. I always thought it was an interesting topic but everyone seems concerned w/ it's 'practical' applications and that's what it will take before it can travel from 'interesting notion' to a basis for an applicable world view. I'm always looking for signs and finding them, just wondering what is to be done after you recognize them. You keep writing, Widows Son, and I will keep reading.
I am sorry my Brothers. If I sounded condescending it was purely intentional and for a point. If two Brothers can sit and enjoy each others company discussing some 'interesting notions' then that's 'practical application' enough and time well spent. As I get older i find that a nice cold drink and a warm conversation can be a very valuable thing.

CajunTinMan

Although I am not as intelligent as some of our good Brothers here and worthy of involvement in their debates. I find it interesting, non the less, to read the various thoughts and to ponder how they fit into the scheme of things as I know it. Without ideals that stretch limits of our imagination we cannot grow. We must remember that for hundreds of years the greatest scientific minds of the time believed that the earth was the center of the universe and any other thoughts were just hogwash. I know we feel that we are a lot more intelligent now, but are we really? Or are we still just infants when it comes to truly understanding the universe.

Last edited: