Thoughts on the Kabbalah...

Discussion in 'Recommended Reading' started by ARizo1011, Oct 28, 2013.

1. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

I think that you should not ask me.

Is there is a single united Kabbalah? What of the Qabalah and Cabalah?

As you may know, each of the letters has meaning and power, and the different spellings indicate different intentional systems and different over-lighting beings and therefore potentially different paths.

If you want to test for harmony with Orthodox Judaism then you might need to exclude the practical Kabbalah as that must unfold experientially with the rest of Existence and hence is not static.

At the core of the issue perhaps is whether the God of the Israelites is really what the orthodox priests and rabbis have told us.

Exodus 31:14 14For thou shalt bow down to no other god; for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God; JPS Tanakh 1917

Still each must choose his/her own path of return to the Source of All.

2. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

Thanks for your answer, Mr.James!
    But, can I please correct you,a lil' bit!
    We are not "returnin'" to The Source, but, we are "movin" with accordance of The Laws of GAOTU!

3. JamestheJust

Might I refer you to the concept of Tzimtzum? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzimtzum

Most of the explanations of Tzimtzum are theological and it may be better to consider the concept from the perspective of spiritual science. Thus the Source breathes outwards to manifest Existence and inwards to draw Existence back to Itself.

And the Source can breathe in and out at the same time - like a Scottish piper.

In a Christian context a suitable naming is The Revelation of the Word.

For human Masonic purposes we may consider the Source of All to be the same as the Great Architect of the Universe(s).

4. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

And Freemasonry teaches the same thing, if one knows where to look. It eventually starts to look like many different treasure maps written in different languages all leading to the same point.

5. JamestheJust

Perhaps some of the paths differ in emphasis in that some focus on return to the Source whereas others focus on useful tasks during or even before the return. The first type of path includes the mystical whereas the second includes spiritual science.

6. BullDozer Harrell

BullDozer Harrell Registered User

Naturally we would tend to see a correspondence between some aspects of Kabalah with our Freemasonry.

Western Freemasonry and Western Kabalah have a Judaic origin and influence.

The Scottish Rite is where we can see major elements of the Kabalah as understood by Pike.

Sent from Android using My Freemasonry Pro App

Chaz, Warrior1256 and Ressam like this.
  7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I'm new to the AASR having just joined this past November but I do like what seems to be the esoteric aspect of it.

8. SimonM

SimonM Registered User

Many of the high degrees have kabbalistic elements in them such as SR but we can also find such elements in the first three degrees as well. Many of the authors of the different rituals were highly educated men and the knowledge of kabbalah was more accessible during the 18th century. Because of this many rites have included basic kabbalistic concepts into the rituals.

From what I've understood many of the more esoteric elements of the emulation rite were removed during the 19th century but remained on other rites.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Warrior1256 and Chaz like this.
  9. appzdude

appzdude Registered User

As for me, returning to GAOTU (the Source/The One True Living God) is my path.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

10. JamestheJust

I myself relate closely to the GAOTU, but I rather think that He has no immediate plans for calling me home. I seem to be out-posted for quite a long time.

If I may tread on delicate ground, do you attach any particular meaning to the expression "one true living God"?

The reason I ask is because the very statement makes me want to know why it needs to be made. For example there is only one Sun in this solar system so it would never occur to me to refer to the "one true Sun".

11. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

Greetings!
    "Returning" for "What reason"?
    What are You gonna do -- when return?

12. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Jezzus.....we came from God and by living a life according to the scriptures we will return to Him one day

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Warrior1256 likes this.
  13. JamestheJust

Here we have a profound question: Why does the Source of All express itself? Is It not already complete?

And another question follows: Of what use is humanity to the Source of All?

Without attaching any value to my perceptions:

- the existence of this planet seems to intensify the Source's experience of smell
    - the human race (generally) seems to provide some degree of stabilization to the formation of cosmic ecosystems, as exemplified by the Vitruvian Man squaring the circle

http://blog.world-mysteries.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/vitruvian-man-lg.jpg

and perhaps more clearly, here connecting the 5 elements:

http://canyou.se/onewebstatic/9ecca8bd9b-pentagram.png

The stabilization functionality of the human race seems to come from the human energy structure being patterned on Adam Kadmon (the heavenly man) hence the human is the microcosm of the macrocosm. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kadmon

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  14. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Like I've said, he is entertaining.

Ripcord22A likes this.
  15. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

James for once i dont have an answer for ur odd ball questions amd thats because these actually are making me think...give me a day to.pomder them. But my question to you is why isnthe symbol for earth the same symbol that the artist formally known as prince used?

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

16. JamestheJust

>for once i dont have an answer for ur odd ball questions

It seems that we are both making progress.

>why isnthe symbol for earth the same symbol that the artist formally known as prince used

There are some assumptions implicit in the question.

It might be better to start at a more fundamental level.

Geometric figures are alive in an energy sense, hence the existence of Sigil magic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigil_(magic)

Thus we can ask: what is the energy effect of the Prince sigil?

[​IMG]

When I do muscle strength testing in front of that symbol my muscles test weak. This confirms that there are biologically disturbing elements to the sigil and these are easily detected visually by moving the gaze around symbol and noticing when the body feels bad.

So the short answer is that the symbol is being used to influence the followers of Prince, and not in a useful way for those on the right hand path.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-hand_path_and_right-hand_path

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  17. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

Again&again, Thanks for the answer, Mr.James!
    1. Absolute/The One is -- "Flower Stalk".
    2. Celestial Father/The Creator of our Immortal Souls is -- "Flower Bud".
    3. Humanity/The Souls are -- "Flower Pollen".
    The Goal/Purpose:
    To Transfigure The Universe Eternally.

18. JamestheJust

That may well be correct. But why does the universe need to be transfigured?

19. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

For giving The Harmony more color.

20. SimonM

SimonM Registered User

The symbol Prince used is not one of the classical symbols. It is based of the symbols of mars and venus (the masculine and the feminine) together with a a few alterations of his own design.

The element earth have the following symbol
    [​IMG]

And the following symbol is often used for the planet earth.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro

Share My Freemasonry