My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traveling

BroBook

Premium Member
No sir I think my point was why have ways to recognize each other if they are only used in a tyled lodge, now on the other hand the only place they should be taught is in a tyled lodge.

Last edited:

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Okay I see what your saying. I agree 100% with you. That's why I asking other brothers on this form about catch e kisms on the street

BroBook

Premium Member
The fact that we have them means someone uses them , the work itself is meant to teach you how to catch an impostor, there are certain things that you will only learn by being with the brothers in a secure location.

hanzosbm

Premium Member
No sir I think my point was why have ways to recognize each other if they are only used in a tyled lodge, now on the other hand the only place they should be taught is in a tyled lodge.
I'm not sure I entirely agree with this. In the early days when Masonry was operative and the grips and words were used to distinguish who was a Mason and who was not, it was because a man was coming to receive some sort of benefit. That might be work, it might be relief, whatever. But the traveling Mason was going to actively seek out his brethren for a purpose. In this case, the man would be tested using the ways that are taught.
The subtle clues and hints that we're talking about here were not the original intent.

Levelhead

Premium Member
Thats why we don't recognize prince hall, always trying to challenge and prove something (not all)

You wanna know what we do???

I see a masonic ring i say "hey brother good to see another brother" regular handshake and keep on moving unless he feels like talking. Keep walking and going on about my business.

Not gonna interrogate to show im real and demans proof from him.

If that mini convo i had confused him i would be able to tell and keep on moving. If he was real both out hearts would be touched with brotherly love.

Nothing against prince hall. Just the having something to prove and the challenge. Who cares.

You want to know when i care and will "try you" when you try to walk through the west gate.

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom.

BroBook

Premium Member
Thats why we don't recognize prince hall, always trying to challenge and prove something (not all)

I see a masonic ring i say "hey brother good to see another brother" regular handshake and keep on moving unless he feels like talking. Keep walking and going on about my business.

If that mini convo i had confused him i would be able to tell and keep on moving. If he was real both out hearts would be touched with brotherly love.

Nothing against prince hall. Just the having something to prove and the challenge. Who cares.

You want to know when i care and will "try you" when you try to walk through the west gate.

My brother you are out of bounds, this was just a conversation, I could care less who is or is not a seeker of light. I as a prince hall mason have no need to be recognized I am what I am and no man or body of men can change that, it matters not what ever reason they profess to give. SMIB

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
One second brother. Traveling doesn't necessarily mean going to another lodge. I referred the word "traveling" to the everyday journey that we as masons go through. Hence, that's why when a lot of brothers part they say "travel light" or be careful traveling" Doesnt actually mean be careful going to another lodge............

Last edited:

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
I believe you were out of line, in reality I never once said challenge anyone, I was speaking on using catch e kisms to see if a brother has traveled the same road as you. I have never once challenged a brother.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
It's funny that you would say "Prince Hall", as if Prince Hall are the only masons that are skeptical of imposters, but I have a brother that is mainstream and he found out that a mutual friend was one. You know what he said....... I don't believe it until I see a dues card or me and him talk....... Might want to go over your EA OB again.

Levelhead

Premium Member
Read your MM OBLIGATION. Traveling masonically means visiting other lodges.

As you say "catch e kisms" means challenging them with a part of your CHETICHISM to see if he gets stuck.

Keep your CHETICHISMS in lodge or for INSTRUCTION of a brother.

I speak the truth and give reality. Im not a ring tapper looking to be recognized so i can gain respect or see if the person im talking to deserves my respect.

Levelhead

Premium Member
Reading it and knowing it is 2 different things. Understanding it is key.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Read your MM OBLIGATION. Traveling masonically means visiting other lodges.

As you say "catch e kisms" means challenging them with a part of your CHETICHISM to see if he gets stuck.

Keep your CHETICHISMS in lodge or for INSTRUCTION of a brother.

I speak the truth and give reality. Im not a ring tapper looking to be recognized so i can gain respect or see if the person im talking to deserves my respect.

If you paid attention, i never once stated challenge a brother. I said use catch e kisms as a way of recognition. I'm not speaking on challenging a brother at all. A challenge would be to try and see all he knows, I'm speaking on maybe using a couple Q&A to see if he is a brother.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member

You speak on Prince Hall masons as if you have a problem with it. Any brother regardless of mainstream or Prince Hall that makes sure a brother is who he say he is is keeping his OB.

Levelhead

Premium Member
I read catch a kisms as...

Saying a part of a chetichism to see if you can CATCH him not knowing.