What should I do?

Discussion in 'Prince Hall Freemasonry' started by Dalton McGaffeny, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Dalton McGaffeny

Dalton McGaffeny Registered User

Hello PHAmily

I was raised a MM back in 7/30/16 here in Austin, TX. I haven't yet seen my dues card nor my birth certificate. What should I do? I brought it up in the lodge at every business meeting for about 4 months. Am I tripping? Maybe I'm not alone.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

2. alterian

alterian Registered User

What's the name of the lodge?

3. Dalton McGaffeny

I'm not going to put them on blast brother.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

4. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Is your Grand Lodge the MWPHGLoXX. XX=name of state? If not then your in a bogus GL and you got got sir

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256 likes this.
  5. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Understood, but I think letting us know the specific GL would be useful.

6. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Yep to both.

CLewey44 likes this.
  7. Dalton McGaffeny

MWPHGLOTX

8. Dalton McGaffeny

I emailed my grandmother's house a few days ago. Still waiting on response.

9. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I assume you mean emailed the lodge secretary.... good idea.

10. Ripcord22A

11. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

When does your Masonic year begin and end.? Some lodges use St. John the Baptist day (which just passed) and some (mine included) use St. john the Evangelist Day in December. I was raised in 2016, but I did not receive a dues card until the "new batch" were issued for the next Masonic Year, which I received in Late January 2017. It could be your Secretary is doing the same thing, "saving himself some work," and you may get the 2017-2018 card soon if your lodge uses St. John the Baptist Day. I am not saying this is a good idea, but it may not be malicious in any way. You say you bought it up in Lodge, but have you personally spoken one-on-one with your Lodge Secretary and WM?

12. Ripcord22A

He was raised in July of last year.....

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Keith C likes this.
  13. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I'd hang off that, until it's a last resort, you will put the Sec under pressure, I'd keep asking in writing the day following your meeting. I'd try that for 2-3 months.... then you probably should, on your last 2 emails, CC the WM, but mention you've been asking for months....

Or completely change the question from "when do i get my dues card" to "what is the process for cards being issued" then "how long does it normally take"....

They might also be the 2 questions to put to GL, also mentioning you're asking because you dont have a card and how long youve been asking, but if u pay dues to your lodge, only they can authorise you dues card..

Thats a really good point about the financial year....

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  14. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

Get with your lodge secretary. They just had their Annual Communication, was probably real busy.

Dalton McGaffeny likes this.
  15. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Exactly, So my thought was he was raised after the mass of 2016/2017 dues cards were prepared and if the Masonic Year just started the Secretary may issue one now with the rest. Again, I am not condoning this, just thinking of a possible scenario. In any case I would formally address this 1:1 with the Secretary and WM before bringing it to anyone at GL.

16. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Sounds good.

Dalton McGaffeny likes this.
  17. Dalton McGaffeny

18. Dalton McGaffeny

Yes, I've talked to the WM but not the sec.. thing is I was elected Secretary in our recently passed elections. But of course I was secretary when I was raised.

19. Dalton McGaffeny

20. Dalton McGaffeny

Thanks Brothers, for the advice. I had already emailed my GL. Mainly because one of my cable tows received his and also a few brothers that were raised months after me have received theirs.

Thing is four of us were raised on the same day. Two of us were from one lodge. One was from a different lodge and I myself is from another lodge. Only one out of four received a dues card. Another received his birth certificate, the other and I have yet to receive anything. Other than our apron, book, by laws and constitution. I assumed it was because the three lodges came together to initiate us and maybe that caused confusion but after speaking with my WM. He informed me that that was not the case. So I've just been waiting and wondering.

Bloke likes this.

Share My Freemasonry