My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Women Freemasons

Should women be allowed to become Freemasons?

• Yes

Votes: 21 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 205 85.1%
  • Doesn't matter either way

Votes: 15 6.2%

• Total voters

jvarnell

Premium Member
Really nothing like a woman's touch ... or logic!

Thanks Maja.

Is this discussion starting up again? I so I will coment on one thing "logic"??????????????

No mater what the sexes use deferent parts of there brain when thinking logicly so the logic is deferent. so "logic"??????? not the same.

jwhoff

Premium Member
I'm more than sure we can all agree to that statement.

Thanks for the clarification. Remember, take nothing with a grain of salt.

:40:

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
As seen here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20729972 and here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9041858 " RESULTS: The volume of the superior temporal cortex, expressed as a proportion of total cerebral volume, was significantly larger in females compared with males (17.8% increase; P = .04). This was accounted for by 1 section of the superior temporal cortex, the planum temporale, which was 29.8% larger in females (P = .04). In addition, the cortical volume fraction of the Broca area in females was 20.4% larger than in males (P = .05). In contrast, no significant differences were found in the proportional volume of the frontal pole or in regional volumes between the left and right hemispheres in either sex group."

The female brain is different than the male brain... also we find that the female body is different than the male body. They carry a higher percentage of body fat, they generally have a smaller stature, among numerous other differences. They are not men and men are not women, we are different... period. How many times have you seen a man breastfeeding their child? How man times have you seen a woman impregnate someone?

We are different yet equal, our bodies and brains behave differently. Understanding that with all these differences we are still equal, how do we resolve this debate? We already have, there are a wide variety of masonic organizations designed by both men and women and for both men and women. Girl Scouts are for girls, and Boy Scouts are for boys. When my wife wanted to become involved I pointed her to OES and the other options.

Just my humble opinion open to debate and change depending on the information presented.

Michael

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
At one time, there were entirely female institutions that had esoteric work, degrees, sorority, and charitable activity. They were independent and freestanding, with their own histories and mysteries. Why these died in the USA, I don't know. There are a few still around in the UK.

cemab4y

Premium Member
There are women Freemasons. See http://www.co-masonry.org

There are lodges that are for women only, and there are lodges that accept both men and women. None of these organizations are recognized by the mother Grand Lodge of England, and all of them are considered "Clandestine and Irregular".

MarkR

Premium Member
There are women Freemasons. See http://www.co-masonry.org

There are lodges that are for women only, and there are lodges that accept both men and women. None of these organizations are recognized by the mother Grand Lodge of England, and all of them are considered "Clandestine and Irregular".
And if a person or his/her Lodge is considered clandestine and irregular, then I don't consider them Freemasons. They are people claiming to be Freemasons, but they're not.

RHS

Mark r... I agree to an extent but....Would you consider PHA non masons then???

RHS

Freemason Connect Premium App

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Mark r... I agree to an extent but....Would you consider PHA non masons then???

RHS

Yes there are Clandestine PHA Masonic groups in many states, just as there are in mainstream Masonry... It is also important to remember that even the irregular/clandestine consider themselves to be legitimate masons.

PHA is not considered irregular though

Partially correct. Not all PHA Masonic groups are irregular/clandestine. It is important that we place more emphasis this point.

crono782

Premium Member
Hah yeah. I meant PHA is not irregular as a generality. There are certainly irregular PHA lodges though.

bupton52

Premium Member
Hah yeah. I meant PHA is not irregular as a generality. There are certainly irregular PHA lodges though.

Those would probably be lodges that style themselves PHO or Prince Hall Origin.

Cblack

PHA is not irregular in any sense....the NGL (National Compact or PHO) is irregular being that the GLs in each state are not sovereign..they have National Grand Titles which are over the GM...now there is a group that has broken off from PHO which styles themselves PHT (Prince Hall Tradition)..this group allows women into their org..

They are some jurisdictions that have deemed PHA and any other body of freemasons in their state as clandestine because of the doctrine of ETJ (at least that's what they say) but in my opinion its a load of crock

Last edited by a moderator:

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
PHA is not irregular in any sense....the NGL (National Compact or PHO) is irregular being that the GLs in each state are not sovereign..they have National Grand Titles which are over the GM...now there is a group that has broken off from PHO which styles themselves PHT (Prince Hall Tradition)..this group allows women into their org..

They are some jurisdictions that have deemed PHA and any other body of freemasons in their state as clandestine because of the doctrine of ETJ (at least that's what they say) but in my opinion its a load of crock

Opinions or not, Prince Hall or Mainstream, irregularity depends on being recognized. Jurisdictional guidelines for each of our Jurisdictions dictate recognition. We must, as free men and Masons abide by our Grand Lodge's Laws and Edicts.

No one here on this site is stating that one recognized Grand Lodge is better than the other.

appzdude

Any lodge with female members is clandestine. Any brother sitting in it is in violation of their obligation. Nuff said!

Cblack

Opinions or not, Prince Hall or Mainstream, irregularity depends on being recognized. Jurisdictional guidelines for each of our Jurisdictions dictate recognition. We must, as free men and Masons abide by our Grand Lodge's Laws and Edicts.

No one here on this site is stating that one recognized Grand Lodge is better than the other.

Bro Stewart...I have to partially disagree with you...Irregularity does not depend on being recognized....The UGLE has recognized PHA as being a regular masonic body but will only recognize it in each state if the GLoState agrees to share the state territory because it chooses to not interfere with the ongoing matters here in the states...This leaves out 9 states that have yet to be recognized by their mainstream brethren. ..the excuse is ETJ...now in the case of the PHGLoAlaska..it was formed before the mainstream GL but because the UGLE did not recognize PHA it chose to recognize the mainstream one..

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Bro Stewart...I have to partially disagree with you...Irregularity does not depend on being recognized....The UGLE has recognized PHA as being a regular masonic body but will only recognize it in each state if the GLoState agrees to share the state territory because it chooses to not interfere with the ongoing matters here in the states...This leaves out 9 states that have yet to be recognized by their mainstream brethren. ..the excuse is ETJ...now in the case of the PHGLoAlaska..it was formed before the mainstream GL but because the UGLE did not recognize PHA it chose to recognize the mainstream one..

Regardless. We must uphold the Laws and Edicts of our own Jurisdictions, work to make changes, OR join the other(s).

It takes time to change. 99.82% is not a bad start.

Cblack

Regardless. We must uphold the Laws and Edicts of our own Jurisdictions, work to make changes, OR join the other(s).

Bro. Stewart....I fully agree with you on that aspect...

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member

With respect, Brother, calling that "a start" is being overly generous. I would call it "where we are stuck after centuries of racism, sexism, and petty turf wars". On the bright side, progress continues. We should not lose sight of that and run the risk of allowing frustration and despair to dampen our zeal for the change that we all know is so sorely needed. By the same token, that it has taken this long for our fraternity to get to this point should be a source of shame, not pride.

Last edited: