My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Working tools

David612

Going through large amounts of my fathers stuff to help Mum clearing out prior to her moving in a year or so I found a simple and beautiful plumb bob my father had turned out of a light timber, well finished and balanced.
My father would have used it as a massage therapist to ensure straightness of a clients spine and gauge lateral deflection.

Having just lost my job in the automotive industry and resolved to change industry entirely into real estate and considering the reputation real estate agents, finding this beautiful working tool feels timely, it will fill a prominent position on my future desk.

Bloke

Premium Member
I carry my tools where ever I go, but as a concept not physically. I often think of trying to pick up a set of ashlars for home..

David612

D0DB397D-903F-48CF-9375-8974BF71726D_zpsalvw2hbc.jpeg

Simple and beautiful.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Do any of you keep working tools around?
When I was Initiated I was working as a custom woodworker and cabinet maker. I was surrounded by squares, plumbs, levels, and tools for removing imperfections that were different but served the same purposes; planes, scrapers, and sanding blocks.
My old username came from the tool I pulled out of my apron almost every time I picked up a board: trysquare.