My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Impressions

JLDuVall

I attended my first PHA event (or Masonry related period for that matter) yesterday. I don't know if it would be in proper etiquette to mention the Lodge by name or number, but guess it is kinda vague not to. I am just so happy about the experience that I had to share...

I'll say that at first I was super nervous. The Brother that invited me and was going to introduce me to the Lodge had a last minute family situation come up and was not going to be able to make it. I understood completely, family comes first. We were already there, and I was just about to casually blend me and the kids into the rest of the general public, when another Brother walked up and introduced himself. My family and I were welcomed, included, and made to feel at home in every aspect. It was camaraderie I haven't felt since my military days so many years ago. By the end of the event I had already been asked by many of the Brothers if I had gotten my petition yet and had made a direct contact for the KOP for my son.

Anyway, again I just want to share and say thanks.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Glad everything went so well for you. It is a bit nerve wracking the first time you do something like that. I was confident that no matter where you went that you would be welcomed warmly and made to feel comfortable. That was truly your first step into a much larger world. It will only get better from here.