My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Resolution Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

owls84

Premium Member
This thread will be updated in real time to give members of MasonsOfTexas.com the ability to know how the resolutions are voted on as they happen in real time. Check back begining tomorrow for updates as they happen.

Just another way we try to keep you all informed of the Masonry as it happens.

Note: In order to keep traffic down for this thread it will be closed and reopened as resolutions are passed, failed, or dismissed.

Last edited by a moderator:

owls84

Premium Member
Friday Dec. 4, 2009

- 9:30 AM - The Grand Master is talking on how Masonry is "Growing" in Texas.

- 9:54 AM - The Grand Treasurer reports that many Lodges have not completed the Form 990 (IRS Form for our Lodges). The Lodges "Need to call Doris if you need help." The number to call Doris is (254) 753-7395.

- 10:15 AM - The Grand Lodge Temple Committee Reports repairs are needed but money is needed as well to cover the repairs. In 2010 there is only $100,000 left and water leaks need to be repaired along with a shifty building.

- 10:25 AM - The Temple Committe just asked for "Ideas" on how to raise money or donations for the repairs.

- 10:33 AM - The Grand Lodge just reported they will match up to $500 for a scholarship. Details to follow.

- 10:37 AM - The above was reported by PGM Tommy Griffin. This will be apart of the TX Masonic Charity Program. Each Local Lodge will have to send the application of the recipiant and the Lodge's $500 to the commitee. For more details contact the Texas Masonic Charity.

- 10:55 AM - Resolutions 9, 10, and 15 have been withdrawn.
The Resolutions are as follows:
9. Amend Art. 397 so that only the King James Version of the Holy Bible may be placed upon the Altar during the conferral of degrees. (Thornton Lodge #486)
10. Amends Art. 6a to allow Statements of Availability to contain a record of other related Masonic activities and a recitation pertaining to family, business or profession, civic activities and military service. (W. Vernon Burke)
15. Amend Art. 318a to permit an Endowed Member to add to the value of his endowment in increments of $100 or multiples thereof. (W. Vernon Burke)

- 11:20 AM - Resolution 1 (Failed) Resolution 2 (Withdrawn)
1. Amend Arts. 218 & 219 so that bylaw changes are to be filed with GL by October 1 and not require changes to a Lodge's By-Laws approved by a previous Committee on By-Laws. (Louis Stephens).
2. Adds to Art. 225a to recognize the National Association of Masonic Scouters. (Rex Lewis)

- 11:25 AM - Resolution 3 (Passed)
The Resolution is as follows:
3. Adds to Art. 225a to recognize the National Association of Masonic Scouters. (PGM Brian R. Dodson).

- 11:32 AM - Resolution 4 (Passed)
4. Amend Form 23a to permit Past Presidents to be regular members of a Masters, Wardens, and Secretaries Associations. (Jerry L. Jones) Congrats Brother Jones (MOT Member Jonesvilletexas).

- 1:38 PM - The members in attendence just sang Happy Birthday to Brother Biggs. Brother Biggs is 107 years old. It is reported that it was "awesome" to hear 2000 Master Masons all singing Happy Birthday.

- 2:29 PM - The Grand Orator RW Jerry Martin is speaking to the members in attendance about speaking of Freemasonry to "everyone". Membership is "Thriving" "Charity only goes so far. We must talk."

- 3:00 PM - Resolution 5 is currently being discussed. There is a "lot" of discussion going on.
5. Amend Art. 276 (a) to permit a newly elected Worshipful Master's proficiency to be determined to the satisfaction of his Lodge and not by the Committee on Work or a District Instructor. (PGM Bob Waters).

- 3:15 PM - Resolution 5 has gone to secret ballot. This seems to be a close vote.

- 3:18 PM - The doors to the Main Chamber have been Locked and Tyled. (Nothing will be updated until the doors have been reopened. All discussion during this time will NOT be reported as well. Stay posted for outcome of vote.)

- 3:38 PM - Committee on Work reported best Degree teams. Carrolton 1400 EA, Round Rock 277 FC and Laredo 547 MM.

- 3:50 PM - Resolution 5 (Passed) Discuss this right now in the link below or in the discussion thread.
5. Amend Art. 276 (a) to permit a newly elected Worshipful Master's proficiency to be determined to the satisfaction of his Lodge and not by the Committee on Work or a District Instructor. (PGM Bob Waters).

- 3:58 PM - Internet Committee asked that Members share their views of Texas Masonry and thanked blake and joey for all their help on the new website.

- 4:54 PM - Resolution 7 had drawn quite a debate. The voting has once again gone to a secret ballot. (Resolution 6 will be withdrawn if 7 Passes.)
6. Amend Art. 32(b) to permit a restored Lodge to change its original chartered name after 36 months. (Floyd Trammell).
7. Amend Art. 32(b) to permit a restored Lodge to change its original chartered name with approval of GL & the By-Laws Committee. (Cliff Cameron)

Check back soon for further updates. Updates will be posted in this post. Be sure and discuss the actions above HERE. This is your oppurtunity to voice YOUR opinion just as if you were in Waco, TX right now.

Last edited:

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
#7 failed in a close vote. The author of #6 stated that he will bring it up Saturday. The Brethren took that statement as a threat- dumb move on his part. Tomorrow oughta be interesting.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
He did kinda make his statements altamadumess, I thought that was weird. That one was fun. The only question I have is was that guy really at the first meeting.. ?:001_tt2:

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
He did kinda make his statements altamadumess, I thought that was weird. That one was fun. The only question I have is was that guy really at the first meeting.. ?:001_tt2:

I've known him for years- if he says he was, I believe him.

owls84

Premium Member
Ok we are back online. Had a bit of an issue. Here we go....

Sat. Dec. 5, 2009

- 9:18 AM - Resolution 11 (Passed), Resolution 12 (Failed), Resolution 13 (Failed), Resolution 14 (Tabled), Resolution 16 (Failed), Resolution 18 (Passed).
11. To require any Master Mason to report any compensation received from the Grand Lodge or any associated body while holding any appointive or elective position on any committee, board, foundation, or associated body for consulting, legal, accounting, or other professional services of any kind and require the GL Finance Committee to report it at the Grand Annual Communication. (Harold Collum)
12. Amend Art. 129 to require the Committee on Work to review, coordinate, adapt, and recommend a cipher/code book conforming to the Texas work to Texas Masons. (William E. Patrick)
13. Amend Art. 163 (5) to permit a Lodge to not pay the $25 fee to the Texas Masonic Charities Foundation for the Master Masons' Degree, but to retain the monies for itself. (John Wallace)
14. To repeal Art. 163 (d) and close the Grand Lodge Insurance Reserve Fund, issuing refunds to the Lodges that contributed to the Fund. (David Dibrell & others)
16. Amend Art. 318a to permit an Endowed Member to take back his Endowed Membership (and its original payment) if no distribution is made on the investment. (Clyde Caldwell)
18. Amend the Constitution to decrease the MH & S Board to five members and remove it from the "supervision & control of the Grand Lodge"; to delete the Grand Master & DGM from the Board, and to negate the GSW & GJW from serving as interim members. (Russell C. Brown & Robert Glasgow)

- 10:22 AM - Doors are Tiled for a Vote on Grand Junior Warden.

- 10:49 AM - There is a lot of discussion on Resolutions 19 and 20.
19. Amend the Constitution to eliminate voting "by Lodges & members" & proxies; to make sitting Masters & Wardens "members of the Grand Lodge"; and to give each attending member, including Past Masters, one vote apiece. (Lawrence Winkle)
20. Amend the Constitution to require a written ballot for fixing the time for the Annual Communication; to eliminate voting "by Lodges & members"; to give each attending Past Master, WM, and Warden one vote each and one vote to a proxy if the WM and Wardens are all absent; and to provide that no member can have more than two votes. (PGM Leonard Harvey)/I]

- 10:52 AM - Resolution 8 (Failed)
The resolution is as follows:
8. Amend Article 135 to require the Committee on Work to issue lifetime certificates to 25-year holders of B and C certificates. (Louis Stephens).

I know some of this seems out of order but I am getting notifications in this order.

Last edited:

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
at least 20 with amendment failed, I thought we where then to vote on just the res. 20 but we did not? I am probably wrong but that seemed to be how the others where done. This is my first time to GL mind you.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Walt Rodgers was elected to the GS
and Archie Scott and Tommie Guest were voted back in.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
no, chaos ensued after GJW was announced and they are elected in that time and there were no other nom.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I did so very much enjoy myself. I hope to make as many as those as I can. I hear allot about how bad it is down there but really when you realize what you are doing it is not so bad. Sure there is allot of politics and parliamentary procedure but what happens down there shapes the future of Masonry and with some resolutions being decided by 14 votes I now realize the importance and duty as a Mason of being there. This is no day at the park as most responsibility are not but neither is it a day of ditch digging. Do not let anyone or anything convince that GL communications is boring and dumb but your own experience I dare say you find otherwise.

Wingnut

Premium Member
WRAP UP (anyone have info on 6 and 17??)

Resolution 1: Failed Amend Arts. 218 & 219 so that bylaw changes are to be filed with GL by October 1 and not require changes to a Lodge's By-Laws approved by a previous Committee on By-Laws. (Louis Stephens).
Resolution 2: Withdrawn Adds to Art. 225a to recognize the National Association of Masonic Scouters. (Rex Lewis)
Resolution 3: Passed Adds to Art. 225a to recognize the National Association of Masonic Scouters. (PGM Brian R. Dodson).
Resolution 4: Passed Amend Form 23a to permit Past Presidents to be regular members of a Masters, Wardens, and Secretaries Associations. (Jerry L. Jones)
Resolution 5: Passed Amend Art. 276 (a) to permit a newly elected Worshipful Master's proficiency to be determined to the satisfaction of his Lodge and not by the Committee on Work or a District Instructor. (PGM Bob Waters).
Resolution 6: UNKNOWN Amend Art. 32(b) to permit a restored Lodge to change its original chartered name after 36 months. (Floyd Trammell).
Resolution 7: Failed Amend Art. 32(b) to permit a restored Lodge to change its original chartered name with approval of GL & the By-Laws Committee. (Cliff Cameron)
Resolution 8: Failed Amend Article 135 to require the Committee on Work to issue lifetime certificates to 25-year holders of B and C certificates. (Louis Stephens).
Resolution 9: Withdrawn Amend Art. 397 so that only the King James Version of the Holy Bible may be placed upon the Altar during the conferral of degrees. (Thornton Lodge #486)
Resolution 10: Withdrawn Amends Art. 6a to allow Statements of Availability to contain a record of other related Masonic activities and a recitation pertaining to family, business or profession, civic activities and military service. (W. Vernon Burke)
Resolution 11: Passed To require any Master Mason to report any compensation received from the Grand Lodge or any associated body while holding any appointive or elective position on any committee, board, foundation, or associated body for consulting, legal, accounting, or other professional services of any kind and require the GL Finance Committee to report it at the Grand Annual Communication. (Harold Collum)
Resolution 12: Failed Amend Art. 129 to require the Committee on Work to review, coordinate, adapt, and recommend a cipher/code book conforming to the Texas work to Texas Masons. (William E. Patrick)
Resolution 13: Failed Amend Art. 163 (5) to permit a Lodge to not pay the $25 fee to the Texas Masonic Charities Foundation for the Master Masons' Degree, but to retain the monies for itself. (John Wallace)
Resolution 14: Tabled To repeal Art. 163 (d) and close the Grand Lodge Insurance Reserve Fund, issuing refunds to the Lodges that contributed to the Fund. (David Dibrell & others)
Resolution 15: Withdrawn Amend Art. 318a to permit an Endowed Member to add to the value of his endowment in increments of $100 or multiples thereof. (W. Vernon Burke)
Resolution 16: Failed Amend Art. 318a to permit an Endowed Member to take back his Endowed Membership (and its original payment) if no distribution is made on the investment. (Clyde Caldwell)
Resolution 17: UNKNOWN Amend the Constitution to prohibit the adoption of any resolution, etc. in an ex post facto or retroactive manner, and to hold null and void any current applications made in such a manner. (Cliff Cameron)
Resolution 18: Passed Amend the Constitution to decrease the MH & S Board to five members and remove it from the "supervision & control of the Grand Lodge"; to delete the Grand Master & DGM from the Board, and to negate the GSW & GJW from serving as interim members. (Russell C. Brown & Robert Glasgow)
Resolution 19: Tabled Amend the Constitution to eliminate voting "by Lodges & members" & proxies; to make sitting Masters & Wardens "members of the Grand Lodge"; and to give each attending member, including Past Masters, one vote apiece. (Lawrence Winkle)
Resolution 20: Failed Amend the Constitution to require a written ballot for fixing the time for the Annual Communication; to eliminate voting "by Lodges & members"; to give each attending Past Master, WM, and Warden one vote each and one vote to a proxy if the WM and Wardens are all absent; and to provide that no member can have more than two votes. (PGM Leonard Harvey)

Status
Not open for further replies.