My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Proposed Grand Lodge Resolutions

davidterrell80

Past Master
Premium Member
I would continue the expulsion of Felons. However, I would also allow an Expelled individual to Petition for Reinstatement, after due time, and allow the Lodge to decide under fairly strict conditions.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
With apologies to Bud Light, Here We Go!

#1- business to be done only in a MM Lodge- not adopted
#2- terminating the GL insurance reserve fund- adopted
#3- broadening the class of beneficiaries of the GL assistance fund- adopted
#4- to delay the imposition of the full per capita increase- not adopted
#5- to exempt Lodges from per capita of active military members- amended and adopted
#6- to increase the amount of the distribution from the endowed membership fund- amended and adopted
#7- for GL to provide quarterly financial reports to the Brethren- amended and adopted
#8- re: background investigation of petitioners- withdrawn
#9- re: background investigation of petitioners- discussion postponed until the next Grand Annual Communication (2012)
#10- re: background investigation of petitioners- discussion postponed until the next Grand Annual Communication (2012)
#11- prohibiting convicted felons from petitioning for the degrees and mandating expulsion of Masons found to have omitted or concealed information of felony convictions when petitioning- adopted

#12- providing for the suspension or expulsion of Masons upon conviction of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude- not adopted
#13- prohibiting the discussion of partisan politics and sectarian religion in the GL or blue Lodges- adopted
(ADDENDUM- As this resolution would change a provision of our Constitution, it will require an affirmative vote at next year's Grand Annual Communication before taking effect.)

#14- to delete Art. 505.37 prohibiting discrimination on racial or religious grounds- this resolution was ruled to not be in proper form by the Jurisprudence Committee, who also advised that it could not be put into proper form. As such, it was not allowed to be considered.

#15- to allow officers to be installed without first opening a Master Masons' Lodge- not adopted
#16- to require that cell phones be turned off while in a tiled Lodge- not adopted
#17- to allow San Juan #1173 to change its name to Llano Grande #1173- adopted
#18- to move certain Lodges into other Districts and eliminate certain Districts- withdrawn
#19- to require Lodges to follow IRS rules regarding the filing of 990 reports- adopted
#20- to change the procedure for the removal from office of certain Lodge officers- withdrawn

GM's recommendation #1- to require only 1 blackball for denial of the Degrees- not adopted
GM's recommendation #2- to require the SW & JW of a Lodge to certify as qualified under the provisions of Art. 276 (a) prior to installation- adopted

GJW- Michael Wiggins

Also, the Grand West affirmed the suspension of the Charter of Magnolia Lodge #113 for cause.

I apologize for the tardiness of this report, but I was abducted by certain Brethren Friday evening and coerced to consume vast quantities of adult beverages almost against my will. :wink: (Since I was forced to endure said abuse, could I please have my :beer: emoticon back?)

Last edited:

Ashton Lawson

Premium Member
As a witness of said coercion Bill, I can attest to the validity of your claim of forced consumption. I nearly fell victim myself, but my timely order of a double water tall (no rocks), I think saved me.

Thank you for the report.

Bro Mike

Thank you Bill. I was up there Friday, but I had to leave before the Grand West considered many of the resolutions.

LRG

Premium Member
Thank you Brother Bill.
I hope that was scanned, if not B/Blake owes you big time ( that was a lot of freakin typing)
Wow