My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Texas Scottish Rite Legacy Convocation

scialytic

Premium Member
After attending the 2013 Texas Scottish Rite Legacy Convocation that I am even more excited about Scottish Rite Masonry than when I received the degrees. The main theme revolved around making the best possible environment for the conferral of the degrees (by providing as much as a true threatre experience as possible), increasing the amount of educational venues focusing on Ritual & history (etc.), and not just letting anyone become a Scottish Rite Mason...by carefully considering who you invite and recommend to the Order (I say Order since the culmination of the Degrees results in being initiated into the Order of Knights Templar [30th Degree] and being Knighted a M:.R:.S:. [32nd Degree]).

The talks were amazing. The speakers included two Grand Cross recipients, an S:.G:.I:.G:. (Active on the Supreme Council), and a Past Grand Master, 33* I:.G:.H:.) who provided clear and attainable examples of how to succeed in meeting all of the topics discusses. Some topics included adapting some of the scripts of the Rite for a Reader's Theatre when you have too few to put on that particular Degree (instead of just never conferring it); training the Degree Teams in basic acting skills; only *allowing* those that are absolutely dedicated to practice and always give the best performance each time they perform; creating teaching venues (learning opportunities) such as the Valley of Dallas's Scottish Rite University Symposium that meets on the 4th Tuesdays and provides an hour to hour-and-half long lectures on historical events directly related to Masonry in which all Master Masons may attend (not only M:.R:.S:.); taking a Degree Team on the road to a remote area and conferring a Degree either in Lodge-form, full-form, or reader's theatre.

It was much more in depth and as I get more information to provide I will certainly post it on the MoT Forum. Best wishes Brethren and continue to diligently guard that West Gate!

Freemason Connect Mobile

Last edited:

jwhoff

Premium Member
Glad you enjoyed it brother! I so wanted to go but was kept away by a blue lodge stated meeting Saturday. I serve as Senior Warden and could not get away. These Scottish Rite events are well worth the time and drive.

Txmason

When will there be more SR events in Houston? I'm itching to photograph

Freemason Connect Mobile