My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advertising for Masonry?

Jamesb

We are in this same situation here at my lodge. We have three lodges in our area who are in similar dire straights but the thought of merging or even the mention of selling the building sends everyone scrambling like 2 years olds screaming "MINE!" I don't know what to do. Will we have to fail to make the point? When did masonry become the building it's housed in?

owls84

Premium Member
Let me ask this question along the same lines. Should there be a time when GL should step in analyze the situation and recommend a merger? I know in Tarrant County we have 29 Lodges. Some of those 29 can barely open a Lodge meeting with members. I know no one wants to be the one to close a lodge but at what point does that lodge need to decide to merge to possibly rebuild and grow to possibly open again.

Should we keep doors open to keep doors open?

scottmh59

Many still believe that you have to be asked to be one.

my dad thought that which is why he did not become a mason until after me.and i too was under that assumtion.

im all for getting the word out..because we all know the word is the bird.:beer: