My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice for purchase of equipment for my lodge

SivadSemaj

Good afternoon Brethren,

My lodge has recently just merged with another lodge in our building and the newly formed lodge are in the market for some computer technology to look to the future. Of these are computers, cameras, printer/scanners, projectors, etc... I'm looking for some advice on what brand/model you have found functional in your lodge.

We have an archive room that has stuff from 130 years ago. The lodge would like to purchase a computer so we can digitize all of these things.

• Do you have any advice on a computer brand/model? Laptop? Desktop? All-in-one Desktop? It's a smaller space. Probably about 6 ft x 25 ft.
  • What Scanner would you recommend? I know DPI is important especially concerning some of these older artifacts that have really beautiful artwork on them with much finer details.
  • What about a printer? I think low or mid commercial grade would be appropriate so as to use toner instead of ink. Are there toner printers out there that print photo images so we can take photos and print them locally.
  • What Camera would you recommend? I suspect a full DSLR would be the best choice so it last for years to come.
  • Projector for presentations. I believe this would be very valuable and important and wonder what brand/model would be appropriate? Any advice on a projector screen? Probably a pop-up one because the lodge room is huge and everyone likes to sit on the Southern wall. We have a mixed set of brothers ages 19-90 so it needs to be fairly large too...

Thank you brothers for all your help and insight. It's really appreciated!