My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice in Meeting Masons in Central Texas

SmEvansWa81

Good Afternoon. I am beginning the petition process for degrees in the Austin area. Am creating this thread to hopefully meet some other Masons in my region.

I have several references so far including a long time friend, but my hope is to find a way to meet some other Masons from outside of my local Lodge as this seems to be an important step in securing at least one other reference prior to submitting my petition form.

This process has been going well and the Masons I have met locally have been very helpful.
Still, I am open to any advice you Men may care to give.

I have emailed another Lodge in my county for advice along these lines but felt posting here may also be of benefit.

Thanks Fellas.

Regards,
Seth

rpbrown

Premium Member
You might want to visit other lodges in the area on a meeting night. Most lodges have a meal, snack and/or fellowship time prior to actually opening the lodge. During that time of fellowship, you would be allowed in and be able to meet other masons.