My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ancient or Modern?

Freemasonry Today, the publication of the UGLE, has a short article from Bro. John Hamill, Director of Special Projects,* in which he asks the question “Is it time to modernize the rituals?” It’s a great topic, and one that has initiated some bickering discussion in some of the online Masonic communities, with the general consensus […]
b.gif

More...

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
The point of Ritual is to introduce men to thinking differently about how they think normally. The point of Ritual's archaic language is to jar those who can be jarred into thinking about looking into the meaning of words as they change with time. The point of Ritual is to let men know that the meaning behind the words of their faith are no less transitory in meaning and that the simple nudge provided to each of them by the presentation of archaic words might just get each man to realize that the words of their faith are no less archaic and needing of further thought than a superficial, "I'll apply no in depth thought toward what is put before me" response. The points are made and those who shall think shall benefit.