My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appropriate or not??

Corey White

Howdy brothers I have a question about displaying your lodge and station/chair. I know I heard something about this at one point but Connor remember what exactly was said about it. My question is really referring to emails. When I sign at the bottom I would like to put my lodge name, number, and the office I hold below my name is this appropriate or not??

Zack

If my title of Masonic office is germane to the information contained in the email I write it as such. If it isn't relevant, I omit it.

Same as I do with whatever military rank I may have achieved.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I agree with the above. If I'm writing a "Masonic" letter/note/e-mail, I sign with my title and lodge. Unlike many, though, I generally don't use appendant ranks or titles unless the letter is specifically regarding a particular body.

MarkR

Premium Member
Sure, why not? I have a separate email account just for my Masonic business, and have a signature block that automatically appends itself, much like the signature block that will appear under this post.