My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attracting Youngsters

Robert Marshall

Secretary, Waco 92
Premium Member
As a newly Raised 18-year old, I think this is a topic I can address. I think the biggest factor in attracting young men is raising awareness. I don't know numbers, but I'm certain that a large majority of men from the age of 18 to 25 have no idea what Masonry is. Now, I believe there are also fewer men in that age group who are ready to be made a Mason that any other age group, BUT there are some of us who maintain the values that are so essential to gaining admission. Perhaps, a re-direction of involvement on the part of Masons could raise interest. I think someone here on the board mentioned that their Lodge works a concession stand as a fundraiser. This is just one angle we could take. I also think some Lodges regularly provide a scholarship to their local high school. This is another great approach. I'll be interested to see how this section of the board progresses.

Robert Marshall

Secretary, Waco 92
Premium Member
Also, somewhere on this board, the idea of Masonic license plates was thrown around. Pride. Being proud to be a Mason can go a long way, I think. Having that license plate, ring, bumper-sticker, etc. shows not only are you a Mason but you're proud of it. People want to be proud; they want to feel like they are doing something important. Masonry is the perfect avenue for that.