My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blood clinic

widows son

Premium Member
Today I'm volunteering to help the red cross at blood donors clinic, I haven't given blood in a while, I think it's due time.

crono782

Premium Member
Awesome, don't forget your free cookies! I'm a regular donor (O+... they're always calling me to donate... vampires, hah) and last time I forgot to eat before hand and felt like crap afterwards. I probably would've passed out had I not had my tablet and netflix to keep my mind occupied. :15:

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I used to donate all the time. Now, I am on certain meds that keep me from doing it. I was a 5-gallon donor, now however, I am can't.

widows son

Premium Member
Ya I'm making sure to eat enough so I can donate. Isn't there a time frame when you should eat when giving blood?

crono782

Premium Member
About 2 hours prior is what I was always told. Enough time to digest and get the nutrients into your body.

Bro Mike

I am a platelet donor. I go in every 2-3 weeks to donate. Platelets are sometimes more useful than whole blood but they don't have a long shelf life. The donation takes longer, too but is worth it when my neighbor's child needs platelets for her chemo.

Pscyclepath

Premium Member
Used to be a regular, multi-gallon donor myself, but then they put in a new rule, since I served in US Army-Europe back in the late 70s and 80s, I'm no longer eligible since I might give somebody mad cow disease ;-)

widows son

Premium Member
That's unreal. I actually meet a nice lady who is in eastern star. I'm not sure about America but there are a small hand full of eastern star lodges( not sure if that what they call them) left here in Canada. She seemed very upset about this. I dred that happening to masonry