My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can non-Christians go to Heaven?

jwhoff

Premium Member
Agreed mch4970. The sad thing about "eye opening" is that it should be more than a mechanically activity to be experienced once or twice daily.

Once one comes to the belief that The Almighty is much greater than any of us can comprehend one is on the right path. Especially if one realizes that all mortal beings are included in any of us. Then, and only then, the magic starts and one lives the rest of ones' days awed by the spirit and less so by the thoughts of mere mortals.

So, all said, I guess we could get right back to the brotherhood of man. That's something all of us should think more about.

But the question was whether or not non-Christians can go to heaven? Again, I don't think and of us are qualified to answer that question.

Last edited:

AAJ

I agree with you (plural) when you say that we need to be open minded when it comes to the mind and will of God. We can not hope to comprehend everything about Him. The only thing that limits His actions are the limits that he places on himself.

That being said, I believe that the Holy Scriptures are a good first order approximation. They explain what God expects of us, and until I obtain a spiritual confirmation to the contrary, I will assume that the scriptures, as currently constituted, are the canon with which we should measure our lives. Note that I did not say that the scriptures are the canon with which we should measure other people's lives - that is the sole providence of God.

Ultimately, however, I do not think that this is a question that Masonry can answer. Although Masonry teaches us to walk uprightly by the plumb, it does not decidedly say what "upright" means. There are no known requirements for joining that Great Lodge in the Sky, besides death. I believe that the silence on this issue is not because there ARE no requirements, but because Masonry can not say what they are, if there are any.

What do you think?

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
Brothers jwhoff and AAJ have made me smile today. It is a wonderful way to start of the new year.
Thanks to you both.

Jamesb

You would have to define heaven before you can determine weather or not a "Non-Christian" would even want to go to the "heaven" A Native American (pre cowboys days) who worshiped the great spirit would not find "Cities paved with Gold" heaven. In fact they would probably be apalled at the sight of paving of any kind. I think that God is so great that he would not only have more then one heaven but would also send his message through more then one messanger, for why would he speak only with one voice when he is the creator of all voices?

Last edited: