Can we discuss the concept of 'God' or GAOTU?

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Derek Barclay, Jun 30, 2020.

1. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

Intent is arguably the most powerful human faculty.

Intent, in its spiritual aspects does not involve personality force. Thus I may "rest my intent" upon achieving some spiritually worthy goal without knowing any mechanism or path for success.

The intent is a higher faculty and operates at spiritual levels to reshape the three worlds (mental, emotional and physical)

2. TheThumbPuppy

TheThumbPuppy Registered User

I'm not sure how that works over there.

If by "people pushing pills" you mean a psychiatrist (who is licensed to write a prescription and refer you to a psychologist for on-going therapy), I wouldn't dismiss that possibility without speaking with them first.

It obviously depends on the amount of discomfort that this causes you. That's something that only you can judge. However if it's getting excessively disruptive to your daily life, it may help getting in touch with them and see what they propose for you.

3. Derek Barclay

Derek Barclay Registered User

I've made so much progress on alleviating the negative aspects of my mental state that it's not fair to say I still struggle with it. But one thought I always had and one that has been strengthened through my progress of achieving a better mental health is that I didnt necessarily will it to be. I recognized things that I could consciously work towards and I did them. Sometimes I succeeded, sometimes I failed. But what spurred me to see them and encouraged me to act was not conscious volition. I have always felt lucky...to see things as they really are (or atleast as they appear) and lucky to know what to do with that information.

4. Derek Barclay

Derek Barclay Registered User

His full legal name: Adam "Tripple OG" "The Alpha" "Your Maker" "J." Yawweh

5. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

People use the term God in several ways.

"Oddly, the exact origin of the word God is unknown. All that we know for certain is that the word God is a relatively new European invention, which was never used in any of the ancient Judaeo-Christian scripture manuscripts which were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek or Latin."
    https://wahiduddin.net/words/name_god.htm

In KJV we see St Paul translated as using the term "god" although that is unlikely to have been the case historically - if indeed St Paul was separate from Apollonius of Tyana:

1 Corinthians 8:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

So St Paul apparently tells us that there are many gods both in earth and in heaven. It is not quite clear in the account but he seems to distinguish lords as a category of gods. Thus the Most High divided the peoples of the world and allocated them to some of the gods and those gods were therefore lord to their people.

Deut 32
    When the Most High gave to the nations
    When He separated the children of men,
    He set the borders of the peoples
    According to the number of the children of Israel.
    9For the portion of the LORD is His people,
    Jacob the lot of His inheritance.

We can see here why the god of the Israelites was a jealous god - he only was given the people of Jacob, a very small portion. Notice that his portion was an inheritance as if the Most High were an older relative.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020

Share My Freemasonry