My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catholics vs Masonry

G

gortex6

The Church is firm in its belief that abortion is wrong. They have been steadfast, from the Pope down, in telling their membership that it is wrong. Most recently, the Pope himself said that he has issues with Obama's views on abortion. Now, as far as enforcing and punishing people for thinking differently, the Church is somewhat limited in what it can do. The Church does support, very strongly, organizations such as "Coalition for Life", which is one of the most active and impressive anti-abortion groups that I have been witness to. They support education in abortion alternatives, they are very public about their views and what *should* be the views of their membership, and they publicly condemn the acts of politicians like John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, etc. I'm not sure how you want them to "act upon it". They seem pretty active sans of excommunication. As far as denying communion to people:

The leaders of the faith have one thing that allows me to forgive their lapses in integrity: they are human. While I hold them to a higher standard than I do most people, I also understand that they are as prone to imperfection as readily as you or I. The day that the Church changes their fundamental beliefs on abortion to something less than it is today is the day that I question the integrity of the Church, not its leadership. All in all, the leadership should be stewards of their doctrine, and will in time make errors in their stewardship.

Sure, explain this one <---click here :mad:

Again, says one thing and does the other....

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JEbeling

Well I kinda wonder about all the members of Congress who are Pro-Choice and still go to church every Sunday.. !

The Catholic church has a lot of priest who have different points of view.. !

C

C. B. Barbee

Pelosi certainly caught some guff from Vatican officials on her overly publicized trip to her family's motherland back in January. Apparently she expected to be fully received with all the bells and whistles that the Papacy has to offer a woman of her stature, despite the fact that her party's policies that she is the head representative of are totally contrary to belief.

Oh well.

Old Corky

Premium Member
Secret Organization

I have read and been told that one of the main complaints the Catholic Church has about Freemasonry is that it is a secret organization.

The following came from the Fr. McCormick Council 3880 of the Knights of Columbus at Crystal Lake, IL web site at http://www.kofc3880.org/welcome.htm a couple of years ago. The statement below is a direct quote from that web site.

"Let's clear up some misconceptions as well:
We are not a secret society. Certain induction ceremonies are
kept confidential in order to preserve the beauty and dignity of
the lessons taught - namely - charity, unity, fraternity and
patriotism."

I do believe that, that same statement, word for word, could also be painted on the front of every Masonic Lodge Hall in the U.S.A.)

Corky

T

Taurus27

I was brought up a Catholic, but no longer one(due to reasons) and when I joined Freemasonry, some Catholic friends were horrified and called Freemasonry the "#$%^ of the devil and everything else.
I had to go to great lengths to calm them down and finally said to them....."Am I a bad man?"...they just didn't know what to say.
They now have a tolerance to Freemasonry and I'll always remove my ring before entering their house, just to keep the peace.
The Catholic Church in my younger days fed a lot of stories to parishioners, mainly to keep Catholics from straying away. ie....mixed marriages were banned. My friends are strict catholics and obviously not thinking for themselves but are following a directive from the Catholic Church.

I embrace Freemasonry because of the Freedom of mind and heart.