My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Lodges as an Entered Apprentice

Christopher Parker

I have been inactive for a couple years due to a falling out with my previous lodge. I have been through much of the EA memory work, but I am not sure if I went to a new lodge I could get through any type of "test" placed upon me, nor do I have my paper ID.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

David Duke

Premium Member
Chris, sorry about your having issues with your parent lodge. You will need to visit other lodges and hopefully find one that is a good "fit" for all involved. Once you have found a lodge visit with the WM and secretary explaining your issues to them BE TOTALLY UPFRONT, the secretary will then contact your parent lodge to confirm that you are a member and that there have been no protests filed against you. At that point they can begin working with you and you can attend EA lodges, the secretary will also start the process of getting a Waiver of Jurisdiction for you from your parent lodge.

After you have learned your work your new lodge can examine you for proficiencey and you will need to submit a Petition for Advancement since you have been over your allowed year, the lodge can vote on your Petition for Advancement but CANNOT CONFER YOUR NEXT DEGREE until they have received the Waiver of Jurisdiction from your previous lodge at which point you will be under the jurisdiction of your new lodge.