My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Co-Masonry - Are they the same as non masons?

Roy_

So women can form women orders, but there can be no mixed orders? Neither are according to the Landmarks and that is why we are irregular. I have no problems with that and I certainly hope that regular Masonry will not abandon the Landmarks even though there are people who seem to want to.

jjjjjggggg

Premium Member
There are already many threads which cover the issue of women in freemasonry. A lot has already been said and may answer some of your questions as to the opinions of what the brothers here think.

Please don't be offended if you don't get a lot of replies here... Most of us don't want to rehash the same previous conversations.

Roy_

Actually I'm answering questions rather than asking them. Besides, this thread is not about women in Freemasonry, but about men and women in the same lodge. But don't worry, I'm not easily offended.

Last edited:

Roy_

I hadn't noticed that this thread is placed in a board about the Order of the Eastern Star. My remarks are more about co-Masonry in general. I know close to nothing about the OES and European co-Masonry is much different (the OES sounds more like our 'adoptive lodges' of the past), so my remarks may be somewhat out of place. I don't know how many Europeans are active on this board, or how many 'cos', but perhaps this is another reason for more info on co-Masonry, on a separate subforum for example?

Levelhead

Premium Member
Having any kind of masonic communication with you what so ever would be going against my obligation.

Besides that were ok!

Sent From Bro Carl's Freemasonry Pro App

Roy_

I'm aware of that, but that wasn't my point. I wonder if the mods would think it a good idea if there is not just an OES subforum, but a more general co-Masonry subforum. That could bring more structure in conversations of co-Masons (if present of course.)

Levelhead

Premium Member
OES is here because its Recognized so using that as an example to have the mods add a Clandestine section makes no sense.

Roy_

Ah, so the other organisations listed under "appendant organisations" are also filiated/recognised organisations? I'm not too familiar with American Masonry obviously.

Hm, so that brings us to the question if us clandistine Masons are tolerated on this board to join the conversations or if we could/should be parked in a subforum.

But this is very off-topid to this thread, so perhaps this is not the place to discuss that.

Levelhead

Premium Member
Yes they are recognized. I would pm a mod about your concerns.

crono782

Premium Member
Yes you are absolutely welcome here! This is an open forum for anyone to join. I didn't create the forum so I can't provide an answer in any official sense, but it seems these forums are sort of styled after regular, recognized masonry in the US. The concept of an open masonic forum isn't popular with every mover and shaker out there so keeping things as (locally) kosher as possible helps alleviate some headaches from those who might want to see us gone.

That's not to say you can't discuss topics, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see an official sub forum dedicated to things like that. That's just my take.

Last edited:

Levelhead

Premium Member
Yes i agree. You DO NOT have to be a freemason to be a member or chat here.

Roy_

Oh, no offence. I am fully aware of my 'status' and the choice was deliberate. I'm just curious if there are more co-Masons here. I just opened a thread to find out.

Roy_

Bryan, I don't know how to make my idea clearer than I already have. I think regular Freemasonry should honour the Landmarks, hence: stay regular and not accept women. I just chose to join an irregular order. Not because I think you're wrong, but because it was the most logical choice in my situation and since I have the choice... Nothing but respect for regular Masonry, it just didn't fit in my picture.

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
I have been a MM for almost 1 year and am far from a expert. But doesn't Freemasonry take Good Men And Make Them Better. Masonry does not make the man good. I believe a person should always associate with people that help him or her to improve themselves. Now I chose Regular Freemasonry another man chose Co-Masonry. I don't think that makes either of us better. It just shows each of us have different priority's in life and that is not always a bad thing.
I welcome you to the Boards Roy. I am not a Moderator but nothing secret is discussed here anyway.

Roy_

No secrets? Now that's disappointing :D

Thanks for the thumbs up. It was indeed 'priority in life' that made me go for co.