My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecticut Grand Lodge, Confusion in the Temple

I saw a teeshirt the other day in a window..... It said "What happens in Connecticut, stays in Connecticut.....but nothing really ever happens in Connecticut. "Well that has all changed for the moment. In the land of steady habits, here in Connecticut, we now have had a bit of excitement, thanks largely to the complexities of the Grand Lodge life. This includes of course many social engagements, all over the country, with other Grand Lodge and appendant body dignitaries. Regrettably, we now have a duly elected, a WMGME, who is suspended and under masonic investigation, which sadly has been brought, at just the time when he was to ascend to the Oriental chair of Ct.'s Grand East. He declined resignation, he declined the charges, he would not be moved, can you blame him? How proud we have been, to work toward strengthening our fraternity, as we all endeavor together in the quarry. The evolution, and change, we have seen within our society of friends and brothers. And yet, my brothers, there was no solemn obsequious nodding and tsk-tsking at Grand lodge today. What sounded more like the English house of parliament, than our usual grand lodge proceeding ensued, not surprisingly. Voting to accept the Grand Master's reports seemed at times evenly split and with warnings levelled and returned, it went on. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity....not. Sometimes it just ain't so. I don't attempt to divine the intentions, confusions or veracity of the events which have brought us to this point, I do however feel obliged to let it be known that our masonic house, here in Ct, is for the moment now standing divided. This too shall pass.​

Continue reading...