My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conneticut prayers

THurse

Premium Member
These opinions are powerful to read and the points are valid, except I think that life is what you make of it, you choose what you want to do or not to do. Their will always be senseless actions, which is quite sad, but also look at the positives around us and what we are blessed to have. This horrible incident, has caused a bond , that can maybe help prevent these actions from happening again. History is full of both happy and sad moments. We have to keep moving for the best. The Families and Friends, of everyone affected by this, my heart reaches Ot with much sorrow.

THurse

Premium Member
Thank you Brother, it is going to take some time, but the sadness will come upon in happiness, with much support.

widows son

Premium Member
So what can be done to prevent this? Perhaps those who suffer from mental illnesses should get the proper care right away? Any ideas brethren?

crono782

Premium Member
It's not just mental illness really. Someone with trouble coping with depression or anger issues is not necessarily mentally ill. While yes, proper care of people with mental illnesses is I believe part of the solution, it's much larger than that. It's like others have said before, when we teach at a younger age that there is no concept of win/lose, pass/fail, better/worse, right/wrong, we set the younger generations up for failure when they enter the "real world" and realize that it isn't fair. The real world can and will chew you up and spit you out if you are unprepared for it. And without the necessary mental facilities and emotional tools to cope and adapt, the recourse can often be violent.

In all seriousness, I think Tyler Durden said it very precisely:
"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

widows son

Premium Member
I believe there is an answer. Every problem has one. I just think society doesn't want to accept the answer quite yet, but it's now or never.