My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooking a streak

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I stink at cooking on the grill, so guide me through the steps. I've seen some Brothers cook on the grill then finish in the oven, others crank up the heat and do it all on the grill. What methods do you use?

widows son

Premium Member
Hot heat on the grill. If you slight oil your steak it will cook evenly and seat nice on the grill. You want that sear so it locks in the juice and heat. It all depends in how thick you steak is. I like a thin ribeye, so really high heat. Another mistake people do is they don't let their meat rest. After you cook you meat let it sit slightly covered with foil for ten min. When you take the steal off the heat it's still cooking. Letting it rest let's all juiced be retained in the meat, making it more
Juicy and maximum flavor. If you steal is the average size, about 8oz, cook over medium higher heat. Cook each side for about 4 mins on the grill, no oven. Let rest for ten. The steak should be at about a medium, 2-3 min plus rest should get to med rare. Salute!