My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cornerstone Ceremony

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm breaking my own rules here by posting this in General Chat, but I would really like to see a good turnout for this event:

Hopkinsville Lodge in Waelder @ 9AM
Lodge Address: Corner of Main & NE First St., Waelder 78959
January 14th

We'll meet for breakfast at the Lodge around 9AM, and at 10:00AM we'll head over to the new school for a corner stone leveling. It's a small Lodge, but what a great impression Masonry could leave if we had a large turnout! I know many Brothers are busy during that time, but if you can get away and support Hopkinsville Lodge please do. Apparently there hasn't been a ceremony like this in many many many years so it'll be exciting to be part of it. Hope to see some of you there.

cmoreno85tx

My Grandparents live in Waelder. I wont be able to attend because of my usual vocation. I have not seen a cornerstone laying and would love to.

Last edited:

js4253

Premium Member
Premium Member
I'm going to try to be there. I went to school with Brother Moravits WM and would enjoy seeing him and possibly meeting some of you in person.

Jon D. Smith

Well, isn't it a small world! My father-in-law has bit of property out on CR 222. I've ridden by the Lodge there when I've traveled up periodically to help him with various upkeep. Really neat old building from the outside. It's never worked out for me to go inside due to the fact that no one was around while I was up there.

I can't promise that I can make it up but, I sure will be trying! I haven't seen a Cornerstone Ceremony yet and would certainly love to see one.

G

GMO

The date is Wed. Jan. 14, 2009. Brother Blake had all the other info. There will be a representation of the Grand Lodge formed in the old lodge and then moved to the school site. This is so seldom done in this area this is a chance to be a part of history.

Glen A. Sachtleben,
DDGM 35a

R

RJS

Did anyone on here go? How was it? Did anyone take any pictures?

Jon D. Smith

Hi folks,
Well, I wasn't able to make it and was interested in how things turned out. I'm hoping to head up there the next time the in-laws go to Wealder (probably a couple of months) and will try to co-ordinate it with a time that the Lodge has it's stated meeting.
Sooo, was there a reasonable turnout?
Things go well?