My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Culinary Institute of America

Mlugo1247

Premium Member
are there any chefs here working in a fine dining restaurant. I am currently a junior at the university of incarnate word here in San Antonio, and studying Computer Information Systems. I find that my current field is really borrowing, but in the long term it pays well. As I progress in my studies I am finding that I really have no interest in my degree, and it is not coming natural to me. Which is making me wonder if this is for me. When I cook in my home I find peace and it comes very natural to me since I come from a long line of great cooks. is there anyone here that is a professional chef that could give me some insight on my current situation.
Fraternally,
Bro. Mike

M

mark!

I took some classes at the Art Institute in Dallas before I started my job at a few fine dining locations in the metroplex. Most notably Perry's steakhouse in Dallas. Cooking to me, is relaxing and really lets me get creative. I cook now just for friends and family, usually putting on shows for up to 15-20 people in our home. One thing I learned, is that you usually need to be really prepared to start at the bottom before you can work your way up. This certainly isn't the business where you can go in and be that top paid executive chef at at a 5 star place. San Antonio has several very nice restaurants, it wouldn't be unethical to go to one and ask to speak to the chef there, and get some advice first hand. Best of luck.

M

mark!

Ha yeah, AID. I went to Westwood for my networking cert but dropped before getting it, I too did not find the computer industry to be all it's cracked out to be. Now I find myself happy in law enforcment, but would have liked to go big in either cooking, or auto/aerospace mechanics.