My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery of ritual

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
The differences I see between learning a song and learning ritual are the language and the frequency of repetition. It’s easy to memorize a song that uses the same era of your language as opposed to three-hundred year old colloquiums. It’s also easier to remember when you hear it as often as you like. If I had an audio version of our ritual I could listen to at will I would have a silver matchbox.

I’ve never memorized a song 30 minutes long.

I memorized “Alice’s Restaurant,” that’s nearly thirty.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Now I'm almost entirely sure that the remark "Ahhh, Masonic rituals are soooo easy!" has never fell from the lips of a Freemason. Yet I can only imagine the deserving rewards from not only your own raising but being part of another's (perhaps during many years/decades ) has its own rewards. The time that I have spent(not wasted) trying to either become a Freemason or without ignorance try to learn what the entire reason for becoming a Freemason is has been in the years as far as volume speaks. Stopped in my tracks and becoming a learned individual has become my main focus now. I feel that any Mason that would be willing to join the lodge would in fact be seeking Masonic knowledge and would appreciate the fact that the knowledge of ritual in its own right is its own reward....with the outcome of course. Yet After all of these years of my diligence and no reward(except that of learning), I find that my path may or may not lead me into the lodge. This I am willing to accept, but if I were to further venture in this life and I find that my mind has led my feet to the lodge again, I am sure that while momentarily a 30 minute ritual may appear to be overwhelming, the reason of it all would be even more rewarding.

Patience before joining, while joining and after joining appears to be an endeavor that all must face when it comes to the Masonic adventure.
If it were only 30 minutes. As a WM in some jurisdictions, it opening and closing in three degrees, conferring all three degrees in all offices, the lecture of the degree...

William Beals

If it were only 30 minutes
Oh, my ignorance rears its ugly face. Without a doubt I'm sure the ritual itself is longer than 30 minutes. From gathered knowledge and common sense the early preparations for the ritual I'm sure would alone take longer than that. I was only assuming(or another comment may have stated) that perhaps the wording of the ritual itself would be in that precise interim.

YHWH

In Italy we works 4th, 5th an 6th degree, but centuries ago it was operative the Craft (EA, FC and MM), I bought it last week: I think that you can understand the higher degrees if you learn and understand the first 3, as you can understand Mark and Arch if you work a Craft like Emulation or Duncan, not AARS.
It is a unique system and path.
SORRY for my bad English writing.