My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denied by NICS for a firearm purchase.

alterian

Every time I've ever made a purchase I've Been delayed anywhere from an hour to a couple days by the NICS system. Yesterday i was denied, i was extremely upset as i had been waiting months for a particulate rifle. Its inn and i cant get it because of of some bureaucratic crap. I have a Texas CHL, i purchased some firearms in late September of this year.

I'm currently getting my (Army) secrete clearance worked on as its been 10 years. I don't know if that could be it, doubtful since it been getting worked on since May. Either way I filed an appeal, I "should" get a "After further review we have found you to be eligible" letter next week.

I've been getting tired of being delayed and this denial was the nail on the coffin. I submitted my Volunteer Appeal File for my UPIN so this never happens again. But their backlogged so it might be a while. Anyone ever have too deal with something like this?

Thanks for the ear.

Thomas Stright

Premium Member
Every time I've ever made a purchase I've Been delayed anywhere from an hour to a couple days by the NICS system. Yesterday i was denied, i was extremely upset as i had been waiting months for a particulate rifle. Its inn and i cant get it because of of some bureaucratic crap. I have a Texas CHL, i purchased some firearms in late September of this year.

I'm currently getting my (Army) secrete clearance worked on as its been 10 years. I don't know if that could be it, doubtful since it been getting worked on since May. Either way I filed an appeal, I "should" get a "After further review we have found you to be eligible" letter next week.

I've been getting tired of being delayed and this denial was the nail on the coffin. I submitted my Volunteer Appeal File for my UPIN so this never happens again. But their backlogged so it might be a while. Anyone ever have too deal with something like this?

Thanks for the ear.

If you have a Texas CHL you only have to fill the paperwork out. I've bought dozens here in Texas and haven't had NICS run once.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

alterian

Sorry i forgot to mention im at Fort benning, GA. If i had a GA CHL i wouldn't need to do a NICS check as well.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Lessee here- you're a member of our Armed Forces & our benighted federal government is denying you permission to purchase a rifle? Sounds like an officer is somehow involved. :confused:

"Officers- screwing up simple $hit since 1775!"

alterian

Yeah, I seen the shirt love it.

I thought I put it on there. Monday I plan on going to apply for a GA CHL as well.