My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diablo III

rmorenc

Premium Member
Blake Bowden said:
I played WoW since vanilla till about a year ago. How does Diablo compare?

Every bit as fun and more. My wife and I ran through several mice between us playing Diablo II in college (the left buttons literally gave out), and III is just as fun. Compared to WoW it's quite different in ways, though they have similarities. D3 is much more of an individual / small group game, as you are limited to a max party of 4 with individual loot drops. There is still a sense of teamwork though, as the trash mobs can swarm you in no time flat requiring quick thinking and teamwork. But it's also quite easy to just go solo everything, the difficulty is adjusted based on party size.

The one downside I see is the auction house interface is abysmal. Maybe I'm just used to my addon-enhanced auction house from WoW, but it feels very primitive.

(note: I'm only in the middle of Act II normal, I hear it gets much more interesting on subsequent playthroughs once you reach the level cap)

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
I haven't played D3 yet but I did play D2 a while ago and then got Into WoW...Wow has since lost its flavor and seems a bit repetitive so I stopped playing...was thinking about getting into StarWars online or something but perhaps I'll check D3 out. Is it MMORPG or just RPG?