My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Endowed Lodge

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
I understand that if one wanted to purchase and endowed membership here in Texas we just ask the secretary. With endowed memberships being pretty costly all at once, I heard in passing you could pay in payments. According to my reading of the GL law book, you can pay your endowment in installments with a form 76-b with a 5 year minimum time frame. Does it require a unanimous vote during a stated meeting to have this approved?:confused:

Freemason Connect Mobile

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
According to my reading of the GL law book, you can pay your endowment in installments with a form 76-b with a 5 year minimum time frame. Does it require a unanimous vote during a stated meeting to have this approved?

To begin with, the 5-year term is the maximum, not the minimum. Secondly, the Law states "a favorable" vote of the Lodge. That means a simple majority of those present at the meeting when the proposal was voted upon.

Hope this helps.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
Thank you Brother Bill. I typed minumum in by an accident. At least we know you on your game.:cool:Thank you for for the reply. I have a better understanding know. I just recieved my copy of GL Law and I sure their is plenty in there that will :confused: me. Thank you my brother.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
I don't, but I am thankful to have such well informed and experienced brethen to lean on for the answers that leave me puzzled. :)

Freemason Connect Mobile