My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expulsion

Status
Not open for further replies.

widows son

Premium Member
No, but why ruin the mystery? Knowing that he can be accepted,my advice would be to not look too far into it. There's some good books that can show you the influences of
Freemasonry but like I said the degrees and the rituals are supposed to have an element of mystique, and by looking into them before
You've experienced them will ruin the integrity of your experience. The beauty of the MM degree should be left to the beholder on the night of being raised. I will 100% agree that it's good to know the pros and cons, and to know what can cause you to be expelled. But even the By laws could be afforded to wait as they will Make more sense once he is a member of
A lodge. Mr Scott I would say that if your intentions are pure, and work hard freemasonry will be be there once you reach the age to help
Make you a better person than the one you already are. Every mason takes a piece of their experience in the lodge and holds it dear.

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
Justin, my advice is to sit and talk with the Brothers of the Lodge which you are petitioning. Ask these Men the questions you are posting here. They will answer what they can at this point in your process, and will advise you on what they can't. Slow down, the Brotherhood is not going anywhere.

It's a good thing to be eager to learn, but you will need to trust your guides in the Lodge as you begin, not the Internet. As the Brother stated above, the beauty of the Work is the Journey. You need to be an excellent LISTENER, and also one who can remain humble in order to gain the most out of your experience. The Brothers in that Lodge will explain everything to you that you NEED to know as you progress. Relax, and take things as they come to you.

Bro Vincent C Jones, Sr, Lodge Chaplain
Bayou City Lodge 228, Prince Hall Affiliation
Free and Accepted Masonry, Houston, Texas
Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas

daddyrich

As usual, Towerbuilder7 answered this one very well. It would show yourself in a really good light (as it were) to bring these questions to the men at the Lodge you are presently petitioning. They will appreciate your curiousity and candor. Just enjoy the ride.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I myself am a control freek and want to knoe all the pos. and neg. of everything that maybe why I did not become a mason till later in life. I think someone just needed to point him to the bylaws. It is not a bad thing to look at what causes expulsion. It is just caritor on his part to ask for the knowledge of thngs like that. He did not ask about anything but expulsion.

Bro. Varnell- when you ​have been around a little longer you will understand why we are not answering Mr. Scott's question directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.