My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Degree

What is your favorite Blue Lodge degree and why?

• Entered Apprentice

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Fellowcraft

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Masters

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
From an historical prespective the Fellowcraft as there was only two degrees before the introduction to the Masters Degree. The Fellowcraft is a degree that is often rushed as you are trying to get to you raising, but has the best lessons to teach a man. Every newly raised man should go back and review the teachings of the Fellowcraft, I would also suggest reading Pikes take on the degree, as his insight adds a lot of depth.

S&F,

-Bro Vick

gnarledrose

I agree that the Fellowcraft is one deserving of a lot of study-- I'm learning the stairway lecture and it's really starting to grow on me. However, the EA has been my favorite degree ever since mine. Upon arriving home from my EA, I kept wondering if that all really happened and what it really meant for my life. The FC was a rush of information that I really hoped I'd be able to read later. And the MM was "Oh, man-- I REALLY hope I don't have to memorize all that!"

MikeMay

Premium Member
This is a hard one...If I really had to choose, I would say it was the EA. Standing there, waiting at the door, not knowing what to expect.

As someone else said it is that degree where we are made a Mason. But I like all 3 degree's and there is so much good information within each one that it is really hard to chose a clear favorite.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
I didn't think about it till you said it, Bro May. I think that my favorite degree is still the 3rd Degree, but yea, before getting recieved for the first one I had no idea what to expect. In fact, I had a little bit of anxiety waiting there not knowing what was laying on the other side of the door. The feeling I had until I recieved my first light is a feeling that I will never forget and I am glad that you said what you did about that as I got to revisit that and it made it a hard choice between the 1st and 3rd Degree as an answer for me on here...lol

relapse98

EA. It's your real introduction to masonry and you have no idea what to expect. It's so different than anything else in life. It's interesting to observe the candidates beforehand... We've had some that were just shaking away like an earthquake was happening. The man has to make a decision, is this something I want or not... Stay or run.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
EA. It's your real introduction to masonry and you have no idea what to expect. It's so different than anything else in life. It's interesting to observe the candidates beforehand... We've had some that were just shaking away like an earthquake was happening. The man has to make a decision, is this something I want or not... Stay or run.

Hahha, that is true. There have been times in my life where I was nervous as heck, and even times when I was terrified some something. But when I was initiated, I was so nervous my body did something that it had never done before. I have seen people be nervous like that and start sweating under their arms which was something that I have never done, but that night it did happen to me. However, I didn't sweat under both arms, for some reason it was just one and I think that it sweated enough for both...lol I reflect back on it now and I for some reason get the urge to wipe under my left arm just in case...lol