My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freemasonry and baphomet

Sabathil

Greetings Brothers, I've been thinking about joining the prince hall lodge after months of studying the fraternity, can someone explain where this freemasonry and satan worshiping comes from, I know you can't believe everything on the internet but, there's a history behind it, can anyone explain???

crono782

Premium Member
Specifically, the usage of the baphomet can be traced to the Leo Taxil hoax. To get the full story, you need the back history which is a tad lengthy to type on my phone. Basically, an entire fabrication of one man, but society typically chooses gullibility over the truth. You could probably find some threads on this forum discussing it.

See: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxil_hoax

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

Sabathil

Specifically, the usage of the baphomet can be traced to the Leo Taxil hoax. To get the full story, you need the back history which is a tad lengthy to type on my phone. Basically, an entire fabrication of one man, but society typically chooses gullibility over the truth. You could probably find some threads on this forum discussing it.

See: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxil_hoax

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App
I really appreciate it friend...

Morris

Premium Member
Off subject. You may be able to introduce yourself here and find a brother to help guide to and from the lodge your looking at. Or even a location and people can tell you recognized lodges in the area.

Jeff

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
To summarize the Taxil Hoax: An atheist satiris (Taxil) wrote a ridiculous story to fool Christians and make them look ridiculous. He then exposed himself and his hoax. People just conveniently forgot the hoax part.