My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fund Raising

sgtfred13

What are some things your lodges do to raise funds? Would like to get a few good and different ideas going.

Txmason

Our lodge does an annual BBQ fundraiser with the money we collect it goes to scholarships for local high school students and the local food pantry.

bubba806

My lodge this year started doing a fish fry $5 a plate and we've also started doing a "night out" several different restaurants will let you pick a night and give you flyers to hand out and 10% of the bill goes to the lodge

jwhoff

Premium Member
We had a BB rifle and pistol shoot off today. Raised approximately $300 bucks for the lodge. Members of my other lodge were over and liked the idea and wished to possibly do this two or three times per year.

I went to a fish fry at Humble Lodge last weekend that grossed $5000 or so.

Right. I actually hit the target a few times.

A goodly percentage of the remaining shots hit the 4 x 8 foot backdrop. Probably less than 85% of my pellets were never found.

Yes. As per my style, I did bring a ringer from the other lodge.

He scored 100 on the pistol and 99 on the rifle competition. Thus winning both. No, as is my custom, I didn't play fair. If they wanted fair they should-ah gone somewhere else.

I'd rather shoot at a blank piece of paper, then draw in the lines.

You know: something along the lines of drawing up congressional districts. :sneaky2:

Last edited:

jwhoff

Premium Member
I was discussing yard sales with brethren of Aldine Lodge Friday morning. They've held one several years now. Last yerar the cleared $1900 for a one-day event.