My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future New Member

acjohnson53

I totally against Hazing in any form or fashion, I have zero tolerance, One this is not college or gang initiation. So much for that. Next when the Lodge is open it's time for business to be handled.......

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
I would suggest changing your handle title until you are actually a master mason. You haven't not earned that right yet to hold yourself out as a member.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Ok, any advice is good especially for a future member. But could you explain why?

Sure. For one, you haven't been initiated yet but it is like you are holding yourself out as a member of MWPHGLGA now. I would advise EAs and FCs the same. You could ask a member of the lodge you are petitioning or maybe some brothers here will chime in. That is just my opinion as I am not a member of a PHA grand lodge. Of course, you won't know this unless someone points it out to you. Even after you are initiated, you should not use or display the symbols of the craft until you are a master mason.

JM-MWPHGLGA

Premium Member
Sure. For one, you haven't been initiated yet but it is like you are holding yourself out as a member of MWPHGLGA now. I would advise EAs and FCs the same. You could ask a member of the lodge you are petitioning or maybe some brothers here will chime in. That is just my opinion as I am not a member of a PHA grand lodge. Of course, you won't know this unless someone points it out to you. Even after you are initiated, you should not use or display the symbols of the craft until you are a master mason.
Appreciate that information, when I sign up I was told I couldn't change it. Any way around that?