My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamble Lodge

Beathard

Premium Member
I am beginning research for a Texas Lodge of Research paper. I am looking for information on Gamble Lodge. This lodge lost it's charter a little less than 20 years ago. If anyone had any info I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Beathard

Premium Member
It was in Bastrop, TX from the late 1800s to 1991, when its charter was pulled. Some of the members formed Mina Lodge in 1993. My problem is the fact that all records of the lodge were given to Grand Lodge when the charter was pulled. I am attempting to research some of the things that happened from both sides of the argument at the lodges demise, and anything that can be gleaned from personal experience before those with first hand experience pass on.

tomasball

Premium Member
Ohhh yes. I remember the discussion at Grand Lodge that year. That was an unpleasant affair. As I recall Bro. Don Long was the GM's special representative to look into that. Later, when Mina lodge came up for charter, there were still some mossbacks with hurt feelings who sent an anonymous letter out to lodges around the state with lots of personal attacks on the brethren involved in forming Mina. I'm trying to find my proceedings for that year, and they're not where they were supposed to be.