My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GL of California Breaks With Georgia and Tennessee

From a message that was forwarded to me this morning:

March 7, 2016
To all Grand Lodges in amity with the Grand Lodge of California:

You might have read of recent events in Georgia and Tennessee where the Grand Lodges there have adopted new rules or enforced existing rules to discipline Masons because of their sexual orientation.
The Grand Lodge of Georgia ratified Grand Master McDonald’s Edict No. 2015-4 at the last Annual Communication of their Grand Lodge, thereby adding the following language to their Grand Lodge law: homosexual activity with anyone subjects the offender to discipline. The Grand Lodge of Tennessee recently suspended two brothers from Masonry for violating a provision of the Tennessee Masonic Code when they posted photographs of their wedding to each other on Facebook. The Tennessee Masonic Code states that it is a Masonic offense to promote or engage in homosexual activity.
In each case, I construe these actions as a sectarian stand which is inconsistent with and does not support the General Regulations of Freemasonry. I have therefore suspended recognition of The Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of the State of Georgia and the Grand Lodge of Tennessee F. & A. M. until the next Annual Communication of our Grand Lodge.
I am happy to share with you further details about my decision, if you so desire.
Sincerely and fraternally,
M. DAVID PERRY
Grand Master

In addition, I have unsubstantiated information that a second Grand Lodge has withdrawn all official amity with these two states, apart from allowing individual visitation by Masons. I'm awaiting confirmation.

Continue reading...